• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Note 2 not receiving emails or internet access while on wifi

GregK49

Lurker
Feb 12, 2013
New forum user, first post. Just purchased a Galaxy Note 2 and I am having some issues with receiving emails and being able to surf the web while on home/work wifi. I had some issues earlier with the Note connecting to the router (always scanning, disconnecting, secured) and did some test emails to my phone as I have work alarms emailed to my phone. I was not receiving the test emails or able to access the web while connected to wifi, as soon as I turned it off and went to 4G, I received the emails and was able to access the web. Anyone having similar issues and if so, any fixes?

Thanks for your time.

Greg

What band are you using and trying to connect to? 2.4GHz or 5GHz?

I have this issue more with the 5GHz bandwidth. For some reason, it just won't latch to the signal and tends to drop the connection. Regardless if I have full bars as well. I have no such issue if I use 2.4GHz. Although there was a time where I couldn't get an IP address assigned due to the fact that I forgot to increase amount of users and IP addresses available.

Upvote 0
I had this problem with my sprint note2 and found a new gmail synch option that needed to be turned on. Don't know why it affected nongmail email but now everything works. Go hunting around your settings options. It's easy to miss. Had to fix my old galaxy s as well. I think it may have been a recent update. Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones