Note 2 Small Lag issues?Support

Last Updated:

1. RockThis52

RockThis52 Member

On my note 2 running 4.1.2 when its locked and I wish to unlock it (no lock codes, pattern etc) and I swipe across the screen, it kind of lags when it unlocks. I know it's not that big of an issue but well it's got a quad core I don't see how it could lag by simply unlocking the phone.

Usually the ram usage is hovering around the 1 gb mark. I try to clear the memory at any time. Which leads to my second question, without rooting, is there a way to really limit the usage of ram, at times it jumps to 1.3 gb.

Is this normal?

Advertisement
  2. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

next time you clear memory, try something: wait a few moments, and clear it again. you will see quite a bit of memory released, but it's just temporary. the way android works, you are wasting you efforts by constantly trying to clear memory. it will release it as necessary.
  3. TheOtherBill

TheOtherBill Well-Known Member

Yes.
    Sometimes it's noticeable, sometimes it's not. Don't worry about it. It has to do with waking up an exynos processor from sleep.
  4. RockThis52

RockThis52 Member

Alright thanks a lot guys. Will I even notice performance increase when I clear the memory cause I still have about . 4 available at its maximum
  5. Barats

Barats Well-Known Member

I also notice a little lag as well when unlocking the phone. It's not a big deal but like you said, I would not expect this with a quad core phone. Does not happen all the time, though.