1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Note 2 video quality poorSupport

1. katesings

katesings Member

Wondering if anyone can help. The video that I take with my Note 2 is extremely poor quality. It looks blocky and choppy. I have changed the settings to record in fine and superfine but it doesn't change the quality much.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement
    :
  2. psifry

psifry Member

This is more of a guess as I haven't done too many videos, but where are you saving the video to - the onboard memory or a microsd card?

Are you using the default video player?
    What resolution are you set to? (not the same thing as fine/superfine).
    How big are these videos?
    Is anti-shake on?
  3. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

Mine takes excellent video in good light--no way is it all blocky or choppy. Does it look any better when played back on a PC? are you using Recording Mode "Normal"? Anti-Shake "ON"? don't pan too quickly or you'll get the "jello" effect which can ruin the best of videos.
  4. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

Make sure the lense is clean..
  5. dave1812

LOL! My wife has had her Bionic for a year. It took her 10 months to remember to clean off the lens before taking a picture. Whenever I was around when she would get ready to use the camera, I'd remind her to clean the lens. She finally got the idea. LOL!
  6. casarosa

casarosa Well-Known Member

Mine also takes superb video
  7. Arun01

Arun01 Well-Known Member

Heck I took some video in low light the other day and it came out beautiful!
  8. katesings

katesings Member

I am using the onboard video player and I have recorded in both regular and fine and it still looks the same.

I am saving to my sd card.

I wish I could upload video. I took video of my kids opening xmas presents and it looks terrible. I didnt pan at all.

Yes the lens is clean also :)
  9. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

You can upload the video to photobucket, youtube, vimeo, etc. There are a lot of photo/video sharing websites that can host the video and corresponding apps that'll allow you to upload.
  10. dave1812

Maybe someone here knows if a very slow SD card can impact camera performance on a cell phone.

Barring an issue with the card, the next thing I'd suggest is a factory reset. If it still looks dreadful, I'd ask for an exchange. (I'm no expert on this issue--never heard of it before--I'm just saying what I would do in those circumstances). good luck!!
  11. katesings

katesings Member

Figured it out guys, just had to change the resolution.

Thank you:eek:
  12. dave1812

glad you found your problem. now are you happy with the video?
  13. casarosa

casarosa Well-Known Member

Pleased you found the solution also if you have a 1920x1080 and superfine resolution why not use it
  14. katesings

katesings Member

Yes the video is absolutely beautiful now!