Note 2 video quality poorSupport

1. katesings

katesings Member

Wondering if anyone can help. The video that I take with my Note 2 is extremely poor quality. It looks blocky and choppy. I have changed the settings to record in fine and superfine but it doesn't change the quality much.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. psifry

psifry Member

This is more of a guess as I haven't done too many videos, but where are you saving the video to - the onboard memory or a microsd card?

Are you using the default video player?
    What resolution are you set to? (not the same thing as fine/superfine).
    How big are these videos?
    Is anti-shake on?
  3. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

Mine takes excellent video in good light--no way is it all blocky or choppy. Does it look any better when played back on a PC? are you using Recording Mode "Normal"? Anti-Shake "ON"? don't pan too quickly or you'll get the "jello" effect which can ruin the best of videos.
  4. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

Make sure the lense is clean..
  5. dave1812

LOL! My wife has had her Bionic for a year. It took her 10 months to remember to clean off the lens before taking a picture. Whenever I was around when she would get ready to use the camera, I'd remind her to clean the lens. She finally got the idea. LOL!
  6. casarosa

casarosa Well-Known Member

Mine also takes superb video
  7. Arun01

Arun01 Well-Known Member

Heck I took some video in low light the other day and it came out beautiful!
  8. katesings

katesings Member

I am using the onboard video player and I have recorded in both regular and fine and it still looks the same.

I am saving to my sd card.

I wish I could upload video. I took video of my kids opening xmas presents and it looks terrible. I didnt pan at all.

Yes the lens is clean also :)
  9. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

You can upload the video to photobucket, youtube, vimeo, etc. There are a lot of photo/video sharing websites that can host the video and corresponding apps that'll allow you to upload.
  10. dave1812

Maybe someone here knows if a very slow SD card can impact camera performance on a cell phone.

Barring an issue with the card, the next thing I'd suggest is a factory reset. If it still looks dreadful, I'd ask for an exchange. (I'm no expert on this issue--never heard of it before--I'm just saying what I would do in those circumstances). good luck!!
  11. katesings

katesings Member

Figured it out guys, just had to change the resolution.

Thank you:eek:
  12. dave1812

glad you found your problem. now are you happy with the video?
  13. casarosa

casarosa Well-Known Member

Pleased you found the solution also if you have a 1920x1080 and superfine resolution why not use it
  14. katesings

katesings Member

Yes the video is absolutely beautiful now!