• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help note 3 and audible app

pkelley

Lurker
Aug 4, 2014
I have downloaded my audio book, and the note 3 is constantly looking for a network connection even though I have wifi shut off (to save battery) constantly interrupting the audiobook. The phone is in my pocket when I am working and bending down also activates that s-voice telling me " I can't find a network connection". I have shut off everything I can think of and even put it on airplane mode. Why is it looking for a connection when the audio book is fully downloaded (not streaming)?

I realized last night that when my phone was on the table it did not try to connect to network during audio book listening. So I guess it does this when in my pocket and am moving and bending that it tries to connect. I think you are right about the button being pushed somehow. Maybe it is too sensitive. I know about the increase sensitivity setting for screen when wearing gloves setting (turned off) but I know of no setting to decrease sensitivity of the button. Now what?

Upvote 0
I realized last night that when my phone was on the table it did not try to connect to network during audio book listening. So I guess it does this when in my pocket and am moving and bending that it tries to connect. I think you are right about the button being pushed somehow. Maybe it is too sensitive. I know about the increase sensitivity setting for screen when wearing gloves setting (turned off) but I know of no setting to decrease sensitivity of the button. Now what?

First off Welcome to the site :)

I would definitely suggest to get a case that potentially covers the buttons so that the buttons are more sensitive to the touch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones