• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Note 3 camera cable release

Simon_Gardner

Android Expert
Jun 13, 2013
Twitter @Simon_Gardner
I've used the button on the Samsung headphones cable as a camera release using A Better Camera software. It's a settings option.

Curiosity got the better of me and I checked the standard issue Samsung camera software and the headphones switch works as a cable release with that as well. I'm wondering whether it's because I turned it "on" in A Better Camera. There seems no setting for it in the standard camera software.

So does the headphone cable switch trigger the camera in a phone that's never been used with anything but the standard camera software? (I can't find any mention in the Note 3 manual - which doesn't mean it isn't there.)

Anyone try this out for me?

I've used the button on the Samsung headphones cable as a camera release using A Better Camera software. It's a settings option.

Curiosity got the better of me and I checked the standard issue Samsung camera software and the headphones switch works as a cable release with that as well. I'm wondering whether it's because I turned it "on" in A Better Camera. There seems no setting for it in the standard camera software.

So does the headphone cable switch trigger the camera in a phone that's never been used with anything but the standard camera software? (I can't find any mention in the Note 3 manual - which doesn't mean it isn't there.)

Anyone try this out for me?
No, can't take pics with the button on headphones here.

Upvote 0
Thanks. So that suggests A Better Camera did something.

Well at least it gave me chance to open the headset, I never use them and to be honest I think it's the first one I've opened in about 6 phones lol.
Could be a handy item, I am now thinking this could possibly be used on my wife's Galaxy Camera 2 in some way.
I will investigate ;)

Upvote 0
Could be a handy item, I am now thinking this could possibly be used on my wife's Galaxy Camera 2 in some way.
I will investigate ;)

Definitely works with A Better Camera. There's a check to enable it.

ABetterCameraCableRelease_zpsa34eb22f.jpg

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones