Note 3 Car charger selection. How to?Support

Last Updated:

1. miamirn

miamirn New Member

When you look at the specs for the Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V, how to you determine what the most appropriate and fastest car charger would be? I heard that you should use a 2.0 car charger (rapid charge) with a short wire. Do you need the short wire for faster charge? I'm a newbie, but would like to have the knowledge to figure it out on my own through the specs. It can be done through the specs for the phone, right?
    Thanks!:)

Advertisement
  2. dynomot

dynomot Well-Known Member

Most car socket to USB and either the supplied lead or even a USB 2.0 to micro USB work fine. For instance my phone currently is on 92% it has been on a vehicle charger all day and came off at 5.10pm (it is now 6.45pm where I am) and it has had a fair bit of use since it came off.
  3. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

You are quite right. Most car chargers with a USB socket are underspecified for the Note 3 and for some other modern devices. A lot (including some boasting they are "suitable" for the Note 3) in fact deliver just 1A. These things are basically now obsolete. You want a 2A charger at least - though I've seen some recent twin USB sockets rated at 3.8A total. The cable length is not a problem.

If you use a 1A in-car charger it will charge much slower and I have heard reports of it not keeping up at all if you are using the Note 3 as eg a SatNav. The phone then gradually loses charge despite being plugged in.