Note 3 Car charger selection. How to?Support

Last Updated:

1. miamirn

miamirn New Member

When you look at the specs for the Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V, how to you determine what the most appropriate and fastest car charger would be? I heard that you should use a 2.0 car charger (rapid charge) with a short wire. Do you need the short wire for faster charge? I'm a newbie, but would like to have the knowledge to figure it out on my own through the specs. It can be done through the specs for the phone, right?

2. dynomot

dynomot Well-Known Member

Most car socket to USB and either the supplied lead or even a USB 2.0 to micro USB work fine. For instance my phone currently is on 92% it has been on a vehicle charger all day and came off at 5.10pm (it is now 6.45pm where I am) and it has had a fair bit of use since it came off.
  3. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

You are quite right. Most car chargers with a USB socket are underspecified for the Note 3 and for some other modern devices. A lot (including some boasting they are "suitable" for the Note 3) in fact deliver just 1A. These things are basically now obsolete. You want a 2A charger at least - though I've seen some recent twin USB sockets rated at 3.8A total. The cable length is not a problem.

If you use a 1A in-car charger it will charge much slower and I have heard reports of it not keeping up at all if you are using the Note 3 as eg a SatNav. The phone then gradually loses charge despite being plugged in.