Note 3 cases?Tips

1. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

When I dropped mine the screen was fine amazingly landing face down but that was with a screen protector on. the silver frame didnt fare so well though. New one now lives in a case. Get what you mean about naked though. But I won't risk it.
  2. Note3man

Note3man Member

I received my UAG Scout case and I love it, so glad I got it instead of the Otterbox! The UAG is really a great case my wife wants one now for her Note 2.
  3. menmyjeep

menmyjeep Well-Known Member

For those of you that have the Spigen slim armor case, I would like to ask a couple of questions; first, how is the outer TPU material? Stiff or soft and does it attract lint? Secondly, how is the outer polycarbonate shell? Durable ? Do you think that it does or will scratch easily? Lastly, how do you think the overall protection is?

Thanks for your time. I will look forward to your replies.
  4. jetguat

jetguat Well-Known Member

Completely agree. I only have slim armor, but it do so agree that I love the naked feeling better. I don't drop phones much. But I paid full price for the N3 so I am to scared to go without case. If I find a great deal, might get the NeoHybrid also. Just thought the yellow would classy with a white N3
  5. Methos1979

Methos1979 Well-Known Member

Overall protection seems like it would be quite good. The TPU material is neither hard nor soft, finding a nice medium. It does not attract lint at all. The outer poly shell seems well made and I don't think it would scratch easily but if it came in contact with hard and/or sharp items it would like scratch. If dropped it would definitely mar as some have posted from dropping theirs already. The material under the painted plastic is white and shows through after a drop on a rough surface, or so I've read.

I carried my phone for a couple weeks in the NH and it looked like new but then again I always had it in a pocket with no other items and never dropped it.
  6. jetguat

jetguat Well-Known Member

The slim armor (polycarb) is either glossy or matte. I have the glossy white.

Is outer TPU stiff or soft. Don't know your definition, but I would say its is reasonably stiff but has flex to it.
    Does black TPU attract link? No it does not.
    Will polycarb scratch. I don't plan to test, but I suppose it could scratch but it seems quite solid.

Overall protection. Quite good. Its more sturdy feeling then a TPU case I had for my droid bionic and the withstood a couple of pocket height drops.

Its a solid case. It does add some bulk and weight but won't make it ginormous like an otterbox
  7. Clayton1

Clayton1 Well-Known Member

Funny how you got yours in Europe before I got mine in Canada!! Lol, good ol Canada Post :eek:
  8. realman21

realman21 Member

it really bad
  9. realman21

realman21 Member

Just received SPG Neo Hybrid case for my N9000, it really nice ,
    http://i.ebayimg.com/t/SPIGEN-SGP-Neo-Hybrid-Case-SERIES-for-Galaxy-Note-3-/00/s/MTAwMFgxMDAw/z/Jp4AAOxy1JBSM4qb/$(KGrHqJHJEkFIgvq3iVPBSM4q,vUGg~~60_57.JPG
  10. mercurystar999

mercurystar999 Well-Known Member

Finally bit the bullet and ordered a slim amour in metal slate. Bought a neo hybrid off eBay and it was a fake. Still as I like to say buy cheap buy twice. Although I was trying to be a little tight by not paying
  11. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

My Urban Armor Gear [UAG] arrived yesterday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note the top pictures have the orange colour about right. I've done some tweaking later to show detail in the close-ups of ports and such.
  12. MikeCallery

MikeCallery Member

I found my solution and love this. I am using the Seidio Active case along with the BodyGuardz tempered glass screen protector.

The first time I tried this the case lifted the protector up and after trying to re-attach it for the forth time, I blew it off and replaced it. It was $12.95 for a replacement.

Once I got the new protector on, I went for the case hoping it would work. I brought it down onto the phone at a 45 degree angle in order to get the front lips over the glass and then moved it on very carefully. I have a very slight bubble in the lower right corner that I only see when the screen is off but not when it's in use. The overall cost is a bit pricey, but I feel I have excellent protection and an incredibly crisp screen that plastic protection will simply not afford you.
  13. Crosley123

Crosley123 Well-Known Member

14. Simon_Gardner

Absolutely not. If I do get one it will be glass but I don't think I'm going to.
    Crosley123 likes this.
  15. DanDroide

DanDroide Well-Known Member

jwither likes this.
  16. Crosley123

Crosley123 Well-Known Member

I saw this on another site today. VERY disappointed with Otterbox. I called them yesterday for crying out loud and was told 'not in the next week or so'. I'm on their email list to be notified and still no email. Moving to a different vendor it appears.... grr...
  17. jonny772

jonny772 Well-Known Member

I am still waiting for seidio ledger view or spigen Armor view. I like the flip style as long as you can answer in the case. The Samsung flip view case is still too expensive for what it does
  18. Enzo Heavenly

Enzo Heavenly Well-Known Member

I had the Spigen Bounce, I liked it but gave it away to my cousin cos I wanted the S-view Armor... But since that ain't happening yet, I decided to rock this one... and I love it!

I paid $9.99, free shipping, free holster. Ah, it is a rubber skin + hard shell

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    dontpanicbobby likes this.
  19. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

Does the Bounce come in different colors? I'm digging that kickstand.
  20. Enzo Heavenly

Enzo Heavenly Well-Known Member

The Bounce comes in black and gray, and the one I have... Only in Black, I think o_O
  21. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

Oh snap! That's not a Spigen Bounce. Do you have a link to that case Enzo Heavenly? I want one.
  22. mafmmx

mafmmx Member

I got my orange UAG case yesterday from Amazon. I decided to go with a UAG case this time because A) I hear nothing but good things about them and B) i got tired of the boring, plain look of Otterbox cases..

1 thing about the UAG case that i do not like and might send it back because of this. I also did a search and find that this is a very common issue with UAG cases and certain phones. The bottom/front part of the case, Right under the home button is really loose. It not a tight fit up against the phone and your able to see the chrome trim around the phone. I can see this part of the case ripping or getting even worse after a few months of use.

This is how the bottom of the case sits on my phone. Notice how you can see the phones trim. This part of the case is very soft/loose and i only see it getting worse. You would thing UAG would have beefed up this part of the case since the bottom has a lot of cut outs.

This may seem like i am being to picky about it but if that part of the case was a little more stronger i wouldn't really care that it was like that but the fact the material is so loose/weak right at the bottom its only going to stretch more and more over time.

Other then that, The case is awesome but this might be enough for me to send it back and go with another brand of case..

Attached Files:

23. Simon_Gardner

Nope. Can't get my UAG to do that at all.😯
  24. mafmmx

mafmmx Member

Which color do you have out of curiosity?

Maybe I have a bad case? A simple Google search shows the this is common with cases that have a lot of cut outs on the bottom like the N3..i might just swap it out for another one and see if it's the same way.. Another issues I have with the bottom being loose like this is I can see it eventually pulling up my screen protector since it's constantly running up and down at the bottom along the edge