1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Note 3 cases?Tips

1. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

I picked up the Otterbox Defender today, removing the screen. It fits much tighter than the Note 2 did.
  2. Scootmien

Scootmien Well-Known Member Contributor

Is that the one with the sliding top that secures the device inside?

They have different 'Love Mei' versions at the eBay UK link here, including the slider one, plus ones that secure with two small grommet screws in one corner. Way cheaper than $58 too.

SOLID ALUMINIUM METAL BUMPER CASE COVER FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 N9000 N9005 | eBay
  3. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

I've bought the non slider one and love it. Would be even better with buttons rather than cut outs. Keeps the phones OE profile and saves the frame getting damaged if dropped.
    I bought UK item 121191668619.
    KOLIO likes this.
  4. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

Yes sir,it is.This is definitely a more practical option vs some other 2-piece aluminum bumpers that have the screws holding it together.

It's a nice bumper,as for added size,it's not a low profile bumper,but doesn't add as much,compared to this TPU one:

Amazon.com: Bear Motion for Galaxy Note 3 - Premium Bumper Ring Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note III (Black) (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

As w/any metal cases,this one has some rather crisp edges vs a more contoured/rounded shape.Not necessarily a bad thing,but,I've found this can be tiresome if you're one to use your phone for a greatly extended period of time throughout the day.Not an issue w/horizontal use,but,could be when gripping in the vertical for an extended period.
    Of course,if your hand size is above average,all of this becomes a non-issue.

Either way,it's a nice looking & excellent fitting bumper case.You won't be disappointed should you choose to get one for yourself.
    Scootmien likes this.
  5. Scootmien

Scootmien Well-Known Member Contributor

Thanks Kolio. As my post somewhere i this thread says, i am looking at a bumper possibly to go with an OEM charging cover, if/when I decide to get that.

I've got the Spigen Neo Hybrid Satin Silver arriving tomorrow which will do me in the meantime.

I'm currently using an unbranded TPU case that is both cheap and nasty but does protect the phone, which turned up yesterday afternoon.
  6. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

My off-brand wallet cases showed up today. I'm getting some pics ready to share.
    KOLIO likes this.
  7. dontpanicbobby

First of all the packaging. Thank goodness these cases ship in easy to open plastic packaging. No knife, scissors, or hammer and chisel required.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Out of the packaging:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cases open :
    [​IMG]

That's it for now.
  8. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Found a couple bumper cases that intrigued me on ebay:

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III Lucent Wrap Film Two Tone Hybrid Case Cover Prytool | eBay

Ultra Thin Full Body Defender Builders Gel Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | eBay

Hard Hybrid Full Bumper Built in Screen Protector Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | eBay

Cheapest one I found
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Samsung...Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&var=&hash=item43c1fca456

The thing that intrigued me the most on these cases is the built in screen protector, which is part of the actual bumper. I haven't read any reviews, to see how responsive it is, but I might take a stab at getting one later down the line. I'll continue searching for the thinnest form factor, that also provides full coverage on the sides, top, and bottom. I love the case I currently use, but hopefully the cases on the way will also cover the bottom more than my current case.
    KOLIO likes this.
  9. dontpanicbobby

They iBlason seems to fit your requirements IMHO. You can find cheaper unbranded versions as well on Amazon and :eek: Ebay.
  10. jonny772

jonny772 Well-Known Member

Just got my ballistic case and so far I like it. This is the maxx with the belt clip. I was worried the screen protector would be too thick bit so far it's great. And a little cheaper than otterbox.
    KOLIO likes this.
  11. zipred

zipred Well-Known Member

I am also using a Spigen Bounce, it's far better looking in person than on the site. I really like how it covers the buttons so as to prevent accidental press's, while leaving them very easy to use.

It doesn't attract pocket lint, and it doesn't stretch like lower quality TPU cases. Holding it's shape perfectly after weeks of use, I'm completely happy with it.
  12. Dingster1

Dingster1 Active Member

I'm swapping between a cheap tpu case and a Caseology right now. I'll have to mod the charging port slot on the caseology because it doesn't fit my I bolt car charger .I also have a SpigenNeo that I have yet to open
  13. Clayton1

Clayton1 Well-Known Member

I got my UAG few days ago and am trying it out. Pretty nice case, def makes phone more bulky in comparison to my neo hybrid but will protect it more then the Neo of course. I like both cases , will probably use both alot, both fit tight and snug, buttons, cutouts etc. I tried the screen protector that came with UAG and totally butchered it, lol.
    Anyways, I like both the UAG and Nep Hybrid alot. Both will serve their purposes.
    KOLIO likes this.
  14. drexappeal

Who were you addressingthis to?
  15. drexappeal

KOLIO likes this.
  16. dontpanicbobby

I thought you might like it.
  17. drexappeal

18. WIZKID55

WIZKID55 Active Member

Wow great pics...Was wondering which one you like the best... Looking to purchase the samsung flip or the neo hybrid ... Any help would be great thanks so much....
  19. Dmanj

Dmanj Member

IMO the Samsung flip case is a much nicer case. It looks nicer and is smaller compared to the Neo Hybrid. The protection isn't as good as the neo hybrid though.
  20. LilianTepes

LilianTepes Well-Known Member

Has anyone found a "sock" type protector that fits the n3?

I'm looking for something
    -that has a foam-like protective interior (giving a little protection)
    -no leather
    -no clips or starps, so the phone can be easily sled out (is "sled" the correct word??)

Basically, something a bit like this:
    [​IMG]

I've been trying to browse trough various sites, but so far, no luck. :(
  21. LilianTepes

LilianTepes Well-Known Member

22. dontpanicbobby

Finally got a picture of the phone in the case to share;

[​IMG]

This case is surprisingly well made for something that costs $7.99. The stitching is perfect and holes line up all the way around. The credit/business card holders are actual pockets not just slots in the material and the pocket behind them fits 3 folded over US bills without any issues with the closure. This is a pretty good case for those formal occasions when you don't necessarily need high drop protection. It looks really good and not at all feminine as I thought it might just from seeing it online. This is an interior shot of the Mint/Navy version. I'm thinking of getting rid of the Black/Brown version. Any takers? I'll send it anywhere in the US for $10.00 cash.
  23. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

dan330 and KOLIO like this.
  24. mercurystar999

mercurystar999 Well-Known Member

Anyone else have an echoing problem for the slim armour? My wife and friends all hear themselves back again when calling me