• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
5_zps11a87501.jpg

Upvote 0
reason I don't like them.

or someone can swipe mah expensive phone off me because crackhead - and hey bonus numbnuts now has all my cards and stuff.

so now I'm out my expensive phone that I partially rely on - thus most of my contacts I don't remember their numbers - and my ID (if bar hopping you need your DL) and my credit cards/debit card.

just don't think it's a wise move - course I also live in the most dangerous city in the US. so there is that
aaaaand looks like I'll be ordering another case.

Damn! LOL

Upvote 0
So can attest to the otterbox defender and tempered glass screen protector. My kid tonight got mad and threw my Note 3 against the wall. . My heart stopped and was so scared to see what it has become!

When I looked my heart sanked. The screen had a ton of cracks. . Then I realized I had a tempered glass screen protector, bodyguardz from AT&T store. . Took off screen protector, and the actual screen underneath is perfect!

And the otterbox defender case protector the phone itself!

Gonna go to AT&T store tomorrow to see if they can replace the tempered glass for free or if I need to buy a new one. If I do, well worth it!

Gonna stick with the otterbox defender and tempered glass from now on!

Update. Went to Att store today, got a new bodyguardz tempered glass for free! They have a one time exchange for free. They even installed it again for me. . Said if it occurred again will need to go thru bodyguardz online Warrenty (if you register product with them online, it's know $14.95 for replacement screens, vs $45 retail at store!) very happy indeed!

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

Upvote 0
simple inexpensive cover that I picked up on Amazon made by Cimo.
Seems to provide good protection and I don't feel like I'm going to drop my phone when I'm holding it

Amazon.com: Cimo S-Line Back Case Flexible TPU Cover for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories

Galaxy Note 3 Case Slim S-Line | Galaxy Note 3 | Samsung | Brands | Cimo

Judging by the pattern, I probably have the same one in black. I bought it for the same reason: the longitudinal grooves on the original frame made the phone slip. Whereas the rubber sides of this case give me perfect grip.

Alas, it is heavy. It adds 28 grams to the 168 gram weight of the phone. We do metric in Australia, but you can appreciate by the ratio of the two numbers that the case adds an extra 17% to the weight of the phone. I first felt this in my wrist, the calculation came later.

Most of the weight is in the back cover, which I find superfluous. I prefer the original Samsung back. I'd like something lighter to give me good grip on the sides. But I'm a newbee with cases, so I don't even know what to look for.

Please help with the terminology. What would be the name of a case, which only goes on the side frame, without necessarily covering the entire back of the phone.

Attachments

• 1411180522520.jpg
    1411180522520.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 58
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones