• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note 3 in hand soon...questions need answered?

Given the laziness of Samsung's design choices, just picture a big s4. Or a small mega. Or a note 2 with smaller bezel's...You get the picture lol

I happen to like the looks of the S4. Even if Samsung does use usual a similar design aesthetic(they most likely will) that doesn't diminish the excitement I have. Seeing the device and predicting a "large S4" are two different things.

Upvote 0
No details yet. We're all playing the waiting game, feel free to join in!

Oh I have lol.

I've just been like that quiet observer. The guy who's watching everything happening around me. :p

Based on my observations I don't think I've seen any real leaked photos.

I've got some leaked iPhone 5S photos and they seem more legit than any from here. I think Samsung is more secure than Apple.

Upvote 0
Here is my take on "looks". As a lot of you know, I REVIEW accessories. I put protection of the phone way ahead of its "natural" beauty. At my work I have a few people with HTC One who walk around showing off their phones, "look at this beauty, I don't want to hide it in the case, let the whole world see it naked". That's where some might argue about how "cool" it looks. In my opinion, I care about the spec, the performance, the built quality, the support. Design aesthetic will be hidden inside of the case covering the back and the sides with tempered glass screen protector covering the display. That's my priority ;)

I'm excited about overall form factor staying the same (N2 vs N3), and a bit worried about shrinking bezel which is going to affect side/corner protection. But most likely accessory manufacturers will have a similar approach as with S4 cases where case lip is going to shrink, and maybe a case with a better protection will add some bulk to the overall width. Will see. Spigen already teasing they will have cases available on Sept 4th.

So, just my personal opinion, I'm not too worried about material used for the case or specific design details. I just want to know the new spec and all the goodies it will inherit from S4, and if there is anything new to expect (hello Verizon, how about giving us back wireless charging?!?).

Reactions: rawhide85
Upvote 0
Just heard from someone who works for Verizon, we (those with VZW) will not see N3 until November :(

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Stupid Verizon.

Untitled-1copy.jpg

Upvote 0
I happen to like the looks of the S4. Even if Samsung does use usual a similar design aesthetic(they most likely will) that doesn't diminish the excitement I have. Seeing the device and predicting a "large S4" are two different things.

I can understand being excited about the phone, but anymore I only get excited about what Samsung phones can do, not what they look like. Not a huge deal for me, I was just hoping by now they would've changed it up a bit.

Upvote 0
Isn't Verizon the least relevant of all the phone companies?

No offense to anyone who uses them.

The last time I checked, WSJ published official numbers from 2013 where AT&T trails Verizon in total contract subscribers by more than 20 million. I know on West Cost AT&T is dominant, while on East Coast its Verizon with a much better coverage. AT&T used to have upper hand with iPhone monopoly, but not anymore. I'm not sure what's your definition of relevance, but I thought a number of subscribers would do it. So if neither Verizon nor AT&T are relevant, then who is? ;)

Upvote 0
The last time I checked, WSJ published official numbers from 2013 where AT&T trails Verizon in total contract subscribers by more than 20 million. I know on West Cost AT&T is dominant, while on East Coast its Verizon with a much better coverage. AT&T used to have upper hand with iPhone monopoly, but not anymore. I'm not sure what's your definition of relevance, but I thought a number of subscribers would do it. So if neither Verizon nor AT&T are relevant, then who is? ;)

I have had many friends who use Verizon. They just don't seem to have the same quality of service as ATT. That's just a small opinion of mine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones