Note 3 release date?General

Last Updated:

1. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

At one time this was very true. Pre-orders made everybody giddy merely because we got phones before they actually launched in store.
    Going back several phone releases this hasn't been the case. People who pre-ordered started receiving their phones after the launch date.
    I actually look forward to the in-store launch. Pre-ordering would cause me to have a stroke.

2. atrain311

atrain311 Well-Known Member

I too would like to know this. I can tell you that Verizon will give you $60 for it. The rep who took my pre-order via the edge program quoted me $60
  3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I carry a personal phone on my wife's AT&T account and my free Sprint phone. Until now I have used the excuse of being under contract on AT&T...we decided to just keep it. Grandfathered unlimited data and it helps me feed my addiction to phones.

Speaking of...I need to update my list

Since employment @ Sprint..
    Note 1, Evo LTE, S3, Viper, Note 2, HTC One, S4 and somewhere in there we got a Note 10.1

Waiting on my Note 3 and my Moto X and will most likely stick with those for a while. buy is showing $262 trade in for the Note 2 and HTC one. Fortunately I got $325 for my Sprint Note 2 on craigslist. My HTC One is listed for $390 but worst case is also $262 at best buy.

Check Gamestop too.
    drexappeal likes this.
  4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I was told by the ATT store today that preorders would arrive by the 3rd
  5. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Yup. That's y I need your confirmation regarding 64gb and release date for Sprint, so I can bring the Note 2 into best buy and get my trade-in plus on top of the best buy trade-in (although I will likely get the 250, not the perfect condition price). Already looking at getting ebay backup sprint phone.
  6. NJRonbo

NJRonbo Well-Known Member

You can get $210 for an AT&T Note II in flawless condition from

Have dealt with them before and they are great.
  7. bjtcars

bjtcars Well-Known Member

Just talked to a Verizon CSR and he told me that the shipping date is now the 12th instead of the 10th.
  8. SamMax

SamMax Well-Known Member

12th for orders placed now. If you ordered before yesterday then you should still receive it by the 10th.
    The_Chief and atrain311 like this.
  9. Renegade360

Renegade360 Active Member

Placed my verizon pre-order last night. Release date 10/12.
  10. BoOuds

BoOuds Member

In Europe, Netherlands, I pre ordered and delivery is on 9-27.
    I hope it will!
  11. Scootmien

Scootmien Well-Known Member Contributor

I went into the Vodafone store in Oxford Street London, their UK flagship store, and they hadn't even heard of the Note 3, let alone know when it would be released...

Good work, Vodafone, good work...
    KOLIO likes this.
  12. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

I still haven't yet heard what time on September 25 I can pick up my Note 3. OK that was unnecessary.
    KOLIO likes this.
  13. Simon_Gardner

Judging from my exchanges with them, Otterbox haven't heard of it either.
  14. jonny772

jonny772 Well-Known Member

So will they be in store on the 12th also?
  15. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

Any news for Sprint?

The local guys don't have a comment at all. I can wait a few months but sooner or later I'm going to get really angry. lol
  16. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

So no official release date for Sprint?
    Part of me wants to hold out--the other part wants it on launch day.
  17. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Still only fall release. I think they are distracted with "other" things
  18. drexappeal

Yeah, with the new confusing upgrade plans and pending iPhone release, I'm not surprised.

My guess is that the Sprint Note 3 releases 1 year to date from last year's release. Perfect way for Sprint to pitch/up sell the new upgrade plan. So 10/25 would be my educated guess.
  19. xenonsupra

xenonsupra Well-Known Member

I was at best buy yesterday and preordered an AT&T Note 3. They told me 10/2. In California for those wondering.
  20. Simon_Gardner

I'll be able to get mine in fact on Tuesday 28 September after 6pm local.
  21. EdWmsJr

EdWmsJr New Member

I'm not sure where you're getting your info. I got my Note 2 early and my wife got her S4 early. As a matter of fact, if you google "Galaxy S4 shipping early" or "iPhone 4s shipping early" or "galaxy note 2 shipping early" you'll see news reports for each of those devices shipping 5 to 14 days prior to the announced ship dates.
  22. drexappeal

I remeber it actually. I think it was with the htc evo lte or s3. But it happened on sprint for sure.
  23. drexappeal

Wrote this up in the Sprint forum, so wanted to post here for those that don't go in there.

Because of TS posting that article, I went into Best Buy to speak to the Samsung Experience guys, since they are actually Samsung employees. I asked 2 questions 1) Do they know when Sprint is releasing and 2) Will they offer the 64gb version.

1) No, not the definitive date, but I suspect it'll be sometime in 1st week of October.

Follow up question, by me:
    So, you don't think it'll be pushed back to later in the month?

Answer: No, everyone should be releasing around the same time.

2) Unfortunately, only the 32 is the version that seems everyone will be offering. I don't know definitively, but all signs point to all carriers only offering the 32gb version.

Follow up question by me:
    I was hoping that since Sprint was being so quiet, that might be a sign they might offer the 64. So you don't think that might be a remote possibility?

No, I wish I could say that was the case, but it doesn't really appear that anyone in the US will offer the 64 and the 64 will only be for the International unlocked.

I'm paraphrasing and as always, take that info with a grain of salt, but even though I'm slightly disappointed to hear no 64, I was encouraged to hear 1st week of October.

That means only a couple weaks back on the photon, instead of 1 month.
    The_Chief and KOLIO like this.
  24. jonny772

jonny772 Well-Known Member

So does that mean it might be released in store early? This is the first phone I have been excited about in a while.
  25. Morphiend

Morphiend Member

anyone have any tmobile contacts who can verify/deny that tmobile already have the phones in store and will start selling on the global launch date of 09/26? people who preordered are saying that's their delivery date as well.