Note 3 Streaming Video Choppy & Stuttering (T-Mobile Samsung)Support

1. EvilGuitars

EvilGuitars Member

Is anyone else getting choppy video from streaming webpages on the Note 3? I've tried everything, stock browser, Chrome, Dolphin, all tried with all options: Desktop View, App View, WiFi, 4G - it's all the same. I even downloaded Flash and installed and still doesn't help. Cleared the cache, rebooted, tried everything, still the same. Video is choppy and even repeats (stutters) some frames over an over. HELP!

Advertisement
    :
  2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

No problems here. I watch American Experience shows from the PBS website without any problems. I'm using Boat Browser but I don't think this is a browser issue. It's probably something to do with your ISP or your proximity to mobile data towers.

BTW, Welcome to the forums EvilGuitars.
  3. EvilGuitars

EvilGuitars Member

Thanks Bobby. The strange thing is we are on the same network and in the same area. I have tried this all over, and still the same problem. In the last 2 weeks I have been all over New England, in Atlantic City and in Philly....same issue. I have seen 2 or 3 reports of the same problem on the web, but no solution. Trying to determine if it's a defect in which case I will have to go through the pain-staking task of dealing with T-Mobile Customer Support (My only gripe with T-M).
  4. jwither

jwither Well-Known Member

5. dontpanicbobby

Good idea j. EvilGuitars and I can compare results. Just for the record I'm at home and using Xfinity Wifi for data and calls.
  6. EvilGuitars

EvilGuitars Member

I will when I get home, and I will also be on Xfinity WiFi.
  7. dontpanicbobby

Schweet!
  8. EvilGuitars

EvilGuitars Member

Ok, attached is my speed test... but I think my problem is that the site I was on is Flash based, and even though I installed an old version of the Flash App, the browsers are not recognizing it.

[​IMG]
  9. dontpanicbobby

Here are my results while at home:
    [​IMG]
  10. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :) Guide

I was having trouble with something like this and it turned out that I had Smart Pause turned on which is under Smart Screen which is under Controls.

With it on, it stops the video if it thinks you are not paying attention to it based upon your eyes or something.

I turned that off and it has been smooth sailing since if I have any sort of decent signal.
  11. jwither

What dustwun77 said.

You said you installed Flash to address the issue, and now you think it's because of Flash?

Your home 4g speed is slow, and only one bar. At times you may have none at all. Streaming HD can go up to 12 - 14 mbps. Depends on the source.
  12. dontpanicbobby

Here are my 4G LTE scores from my back porch:
    [​IMG]

And here's a link to the PBS Video website I have no problems with either on 4G or WiFi with Boat Browser:
    Watch PBS Online | PBS Video
  13. jwither

They buffer quite a bit initially up to 12.6 mbps, but not much higher.

The firewall I use (smoothwall) shows me real-time bandwidth usage.
  14. EvilGuitars

EvilGuitars Member

It doesn't seem like the Flash install is working on any of the browsers. I did install FlashFox per another thread, and it solved the problem, so far, the best. It's not perfect, but it works.

Thanks for the help.
  15. zipred

zipred Well-Known Member

I've had FlashFox installed for a month, it runs fast and smooth for me.
  16. dontpanicbobby

I think I'm on the right trail now EvilGuitars. The stuttering depends on how popular the video is. Watching American Experience episodes from PBS goes very smoothly. Changing over to Antiques Roadshow I encountered stuttering. Guess which series is more popular...
  17. muttonboy

muttonboy New Member

I've had pretty consistent problems with stuttering video. Strong signal wi-fi and 4g, multiple browsers and sites. Tried many different browsers and installing the last old flash for android.
    Finally went and tried FlashFox as mentioned above and no more stuttering, all better... I haven't messed with it too much. I think the video player isn't very good in it in general, but at least I can watch things now. Unable to actually purchase full version for some reason at the moment though keeps giving me an error.
  18. ehroof

ehroof New Member

just got my note 3 yesterday and same thing, youtube seems to work fine but any video played thru the browser will be choppy, pauses and goes... wifi, 4glte... no mattery where you are... my old phone didnt do it and I use the same network and it was an lg optimus l9 so not close to the same class, i made sure my smart pause is off also.... does it with chrome or browser.
  19. EvilGuitars

EvilGuitars Member

My issue was that I went from HTC phones to Samsung and was use to having Adobe Flash, the Note 3 doesn't. I use the FlashFox App to view any Flash videos/sites.
  20. SkyJackpot

SkyJackpot Well-Known Member

Are you on KitKat? I haven't upgraded yet so im using 4.3 and after installing Adobe Flash it works in Dolphin and Firefox
  21. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

I find the same thing as SkyJackpot. Dolphin (in desktop mode) and the latest 4.x Flash on 4.3 and I have no problems on any video stream. And where I am, my 4G speed isn't that great - I rarely squeeze past 6mbps download.