Note 3 videosGeneral

Last Updated: 2013-09-06 03:18:32
  1. Preach2k

Preach2k Well-Known Member

I will be buying this phone day one!!!
  2. MannyrtFresh

MannyrtFresh Well-Known Member

after watching a nice 6 min video showing the new features added to the Note 3 i will for sure be getting one. on the S3 right now and i wanted to get a note 2 but once i heard rumors of the note 3 i knew i had to wait. cant wait for the Note 3 to come out. im deffinitely going to love the bigger screen.
  3. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Damn it Drex, you are doing it again. You are making it harder for me to say no to upgrading. :mad:

:p

All joking aside, wow that Z Ultra is huge. lol Yeah I keep saying I won't upgrade since i am happy with my Note 2 but damn it is getting harder by the minute seeing all these videos and stuff that the new Note can do. aarrgghh.

TS
    drexappeal likes this.
  4. Scootmien

Scootmien Well-Known Member Contributor

Is that one of the videos above? If it isn't, any chance you could post up a link to the one you watched please mate?
  5. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

LOL...TS, wasn't it me and ScandalEx both that said, last year, we think we'd be completely fine with the Note 2 for at least 2 years? Part of me still feels that way...but, I just can't ignore a minimum of 16gb more of internal storage from what I currently have (considering I've dropped about 6gb of files, just to accomodate the lack of storage, there are a ton of games that I could put back on the phone). The more I think about it, the more likely it is that I'm going to get the Note 3, even if they don't offer the 64gb version.

Were it not for Samsung realizing the importance of having both the internal storage increase and keeping the microSD card, I likely would've stuck it out with the Note 2 for another year. Of course, the physical form factor being slightly less wide, less thick, and only .01 inches taller also contributes to my considering the Note 3 upgrade also. The fact that most of the reviewers have said that the Note 3 is even easier to hold with one hand than the Note 2, already had me listening (especially because that was my #1 pre-requisite, prior to buying the Note 2...ability to hold with one hand compared to the Note 1).

I think we should both stop waffling and just bite the bullet. One way or another, I'm sure you'll figure out a way to make it work financially. You and I both have enough tech gadgets that are not necessarily "needed," but would probably sell like hotcakes...LOL.
  6. drexappeal

It got posted up, after I left work, so I didn't get a chance to add, but here's the one that's being referred to (thanks to KOLIO for bringing it to my attention):

Introducing Samsung GALAXY Note 3 - YouTube

Scootmien and rawhide85 like this.
  7. drexappeal

Jinx!...LOL...j/k, TS.
    rawhide85 likes this.
  8. twospirits

I now you can't see it because you are not a guide but the reason I gave for the deleted post of mine was
    "Ninja'ed by quick draw McDrex who posted 2 seconds before mine, therefore merged"

lol

Carry on.

TS
  9. twospirits

I don't have that problem since my Sprint Note 2 has 64 GB of internal storage. So i can wait if i want too. :p

Disclaimer:
    64 GB of storage because I am Rooted and applied the xda hack that uses the SD card as the internal storage and the internal as the sd card.

TS
  10. drexappeal

Even if I had rooted and did the hack, I'd still be stuck. My 64gb card only has a little over 1 gig left, after I was forced to do some cleaning.
  11. drexappeal

Back on the video trail, here's one with the new flip cover:

Samsung S View cover for Galaxy Note 3 | Engadget - YouTube

Pretty darn cool that you can use the s-pen through the window. My only question is, will it work with a 3rd party launcher, like Nova and 3rd party lockscreen, like Widgetlocker. If so, I might actually consider getting one.
  12. Preach2k

Preach2k Well-Known Member

I will be pre ordering this phone tomorrow.
  13. twospirits

At first glance i would have to say no it won't. It seems that everytime he close the front cover the screen changes to the compact view that shows the time, music controls etc through the opening. Once he opens the cover the screen changes to regular big view. There seems to be a sensor that tells the device when the cover is over the screen.

TS
  14. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member

Does anyone really care about all these note features? I like split screen with two apps but other than that I wish this was stock android.

And I REALLY would love to have seen always on listening. Snapdragon 800 was supposed to be able to do that!
  15. drexappeal

Considering multi-window has been enjoyed by all Note 2 owners, from early on, that isn't one of the "new" functions that the Note 2 owners are wowed by. And multi-window is part of Touch-wiz, so rooting would likely be the best option for you, if you wanted stock android.

Supposedly, Samsung has built a similar software in connection with S-Voice, but nobody has confirmed.
  16. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

I'm surprised nobody popped that "leather" battery cover off to show the battery and sim/micro-sd slots, hoping also to see if wireless charging contacts are there. Kind of strange, unless I missed it?
  17. almath

almath Well-Known Member

Yeah you missed it, Engadget hands on 3:30! :)
    twister6, drexappeal and KOLIO like this.
  18. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

Uh, got it! Too many videos to follow, thanks for pointing it out!