Note 3- Weird notification in notification barSupport

Last Updated: 2013-11-09 23:21:25
  1. joeybirkel

joeybirkel Member

I have a weird notification at the top of the Galaxy note 3 that shows data transfer but unlike the 3G and 4G data that is vertical this notification is green and red and are horizontal. Anyone have any idea what this notification might be? It's bugging me.

Advertisement
  2. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :) Guide

3. joeybirkel

joeybirkel Member

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/s/?view=att&th=14234f653aeb604f&attid=0.1&disp=attd&realattid=f_hnqnaf7b0&safe=1&zw

There us the link to the icon...
  4. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

5. joeybirkel

joeybirkel Member

I'm with Verizon and I didn't have wifi on at all. It was very strange!?
  6. jwither

jwither Well-Known Member

The icon to the right of your mystery icon is wifi, which doesn't appear unless it's on. It's possible that you have it set to allow Google's location services to use wifi even when you have it off.
  7. joeybirkel

joeybirkel Member

That's weird because I never had that set to use it.
  8. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

9. joeybirkel

joeybirkel Member

Yes!!!! It worked! Do you know what it is though?
  10. jwither

Those green and red icons in the icon glossary that I posted in the other thread represent the icons in your recent calls list, showing whether a recent call was sent or received. I don't know that we ever determined why they appear in the notification bar.
  11. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

Not really. I just know what was in the link I posted and it seems to be a Verizon only thing. :dontknow:
  12. jwither

One clue might be that neither of the screen shots we've seen from posters show the 4G LTE icon, only a generic signal strength.

Maybe you get that when you're just connected via 3G, because the generic signal strength icon doesn't show up/down traffic. That's my guess.

Joey, here's what I mean. Notice the 4G icon includes up/down indicators.

Edit: Eh, strike that. I see it's in the screenshot awwwyeah posted, along with the 4G icon.

[​IMG]
  13. joeybirkel

joeybirkel Member

Yeah, I'm thinking it has to do with the incoming/outgoing phone calls... but for some reason it stayed in the notification bar. I put it in Airplane mode and it came off. Turned Airplane mode back on and it came back up. Once I restarted the phone it went away. It's a strange little icon. :D
  14. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :) Guide

Yeah it is.
  15. harrih

harrih New Member

that could be showing somethong is being transferred or arrow thing could be synced. It seems like its in a process of doing something