• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Note 3- Weird notification in notification bar

I found this image that describes what you have but I'm stumped on what it is

85838d1381494844t-what-red-green-horizontal-arrows-notification-bar-2013-10-11-07-30-17.jpg

It's not listed here: Familiarize the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Status Icons and Their Meanings - Howik

So it must be carrier specific. What carrier do you have? Also does it show when connected to WiFi? It may be a data over WiFi icon

Upvote 0
Not really. I just know what was in the link I posted and it seems to be a Verizon only thing. :dontknow:
One clue might be that neither of the screen shots we've seen from posters show the 4G LTE icon, only a generic signal strength.

Maybe you get that when you're just connected via 3G, because the generic signal strength icon doesn't show up/down traffic. That's my guess.

Joey, here's what I mean. Notice the 4G icon includes up/down indicators.

Edit: Eh, strike that. I see it's in the screenshot awwwyeah posted, along with the 4G icon.

Image1_zps954d166f.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones