• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Note 4 to One Plus Two?

Armeen F

Lurker
Jul 14, 2015
Hello, i am brand new to Android forums, I have a Note 4 with att and my plan was to sell it and buy a one plus 2 two, but after watching MKBHD most recent video
(
) the camera doesn't look that great. On the other hand I'm not wanting to buy the one plus two for its camera. I have had the note 2 upgraded to the note 4 and i am still extremely unhappy with touchwizz. I wanted to come to a forum and see what other people think about upgrading from a note 4 to a one plus two.

Thank you

I didn't even know there were pre released units out yet. I'll watch the video when I get home.
The Oneplus One camera is very acceptable anyway (for a point n shooter like me) but I realise the oneplus 2 will be running a different OS (oxygen, developed by some of the Paranoid Android team) does the video mention the OS at all or just the camera (which could be improved in future updates) ....

Upvote 0
The other option is to root the Note and stick a non-touchwiz rom on it. I'd do some reading before trying this though, since (a) it's important to know what you are doing and what the pitfalls are, and (b) what the drawbacks of non-Samsung ROMs on that device are, and hence whether your original plan wouldn't be better for you anyway.

And of course you may just not be comfortable hacking the phone in the first place - no shame in that.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones