• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note 4 Verizon version sometimes locking up

rushmore

Extreme Android User
Nov 13, 2008
Kentucky
Anyone else have the problem? I am using the stock UI and of course no mods (by default). I waited until this week to confirm the trend. I am averaging about two lock-ups a week that result in the need of a battery pull.

No common event that seems to provoke. Random.

Anyone else have the problem? I am using the stock UI and of course no mods (by default). I waited until this week to confirm the trend. I am averaging about two lock-ups a week that result in the need of a battery pull.

No common event that seems to provoke. Random.

No note 4 for me, but my brother has had it on my plan (Verizon) since release day and he said it's never done this for him.

Upvote 0
Not happening enough to warrant such a draconian step. Works great besides this and did not start happening until a few weeks after using the device. Must be an app, but not sure what app. Many apps and many updates of those apps.

I do not have many new apps so that is easy to isolate. The problem is isolating the updates of all the other apps. Meh.

Upvote 0
Just watched a review on YouTube and the phone lag-locked a few times on him on camera for significant lengths of time, usually when multi-tasking.

Probably going to pass by the Verizon Store later and upgrade to this and try it out before I make a final determination (have 2 weeks :p ).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones