• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

peanutlovery

Aug 30, 2012
Hey all, apologies if there's already an answer for this on here but I couldn't find one.
I'm looking to buy a Note 8 and part of the reason is to replace my works diary, can anybody tell me if it's possible to make a direct entry onto the planner with the S pen rather than go through the various stages to then write in the add note box. Samsung tell me its possible but I can't find the way to do it.

Thanks Rick

Yes, it is possible. You go into settings, then S pen, and there's a option "Open Popup Note when the pen is detached".

I have this enabled and it is invaluable, especially since my company requires a password. The note pops up on top of the password prompt. I write down what I need, hit save, and I'm set.

Upvote 0
Hey all, apologies if there's already an answer for this on here but I couldn't find one.
I'm looking to buy a Note 8 and part of the reason is to replace my works diary, can anybody tell me if it's possible to make a direct entry onto the planner with the S pen rather than go through the various stages to then write in the add note box. Samsung tell me its possible but I can't find the way to do it.

Thanks Rick

I'm not sure I completely understand the question. Are you asking if it's possible to input a note into a calendar entry in the S-Planner app, rather than going through to create a S-note add-on note and then add that to the planner?

Simple answer is "yes," but there are several things that can be done. I want to be sure I understand exactly what you're asking before answering, so if you could clarify the step-by-step that you'd like to do, I can answer your question more thoroughly.

Upvote 0
Sorry I guess I could have been clearer. What I'd like to be able to do is use the note as a direct replacement for my A5 diary at work.
Can I open the calender/planner and write directly onto a day? I've had a look and it's possible to add notes to the day using the create note section but can I cut all that out and put pen straight to paper, so to speak?
Thanks

Upvote 0
Sorry I guess I could have been clearer. What I'd like to be able to do is use the note as a direct replacement for my A5 diary at work.
Can I open the calender/planner and write directly onto a day? I've had a look and it's possible to add notes to the day using the create note section but can I cut all that out and put pen straight to paper, so to speak?
Thanks

l see what you want to do now, but I don't believe it is possible.

Did you ever find a way to do that? I'm looking to do the exact same thing, but would also like the handwriting to be converted to text if possible.

For you, it is possible to write and have it convert to text, while creating an event. Hover over any area that would allow for keyboard use and click on the small box with the pen mark.

Reactions: apensity
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones