• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note Everything will not import Palm memos

athegn

Android Expert
May 26, 2010
I added Note Everything, Lite version, and tried to import memoes from my Palm TX.

I created a file "full memo.mpa" on my SD card.

When I open the Palm Memo import option in Note Everything it finds the file but then tries parsing the file as an Outlook Import. It never completes just continually says Parsing file...

I do note that if I use Astro to read my SD card it shows the file association the be "Music" i.e. a music icon?? If I tap the file the Music App opens?

i admit, following the help file is a bit difficult, but i was able to conveniently import all my palm memos after some trial and error. it only took reading the instructions carefully.

you have to export your palm memos for each catagory to a .CSV file, then copy those files to your SD card. it MUST be done in a certain way; export will give 3 options, do not choose security, only catagory and memo. pay attention to the order, catagory MUST be on top, with security unchecked, and both catagory and memo checked.

If you cannot follow this, go to the next step to get to the help screen. it shows very clearly what to do. you can go back to this step when you understand better.

then go into note everything, hit ALL Notes, MENU, MORE, then IMPORT, IMPORT from palm memos, and the help screen comes up, hit OK, go to the directory where you put the .csv file, and scroll down until you find the .csv file you want to IMPORT. it will spend some time importing into outlook, if you watch carefully. watch the top of your screen, for the progress report.

it will even import .txt files I imported hundreds of palm memos in just a few minutes, thru notes everything.

Upvote 0
I am using Palm Desktop 6.2.1

All my memos are in category > Personal.

I select all memos the export but only get a dialog box saying "Hidden records will not be exported .."

I do not get the options:-

export will give 3 options, do not choose security, only catagory and memo

Could you please advise?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones