1. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. jonny772

jonny772 Well-Known Member

Read my mind I was just wondering about this
  3. Simon_Gardner

I anticipate a steep learning curve, personally. It would be nice to RTFM before the thing arrives in 2 weeks.

[​IMG]
  4. KOLIO

KOLIO SERIAL AGNOANDROIDIST Guide

It's for the NOTE 2,going by the SAMSUNG p/n on the 1st page........
  5. slatyford

slatyford Well-Known Member

Note 2
  6. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

7. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Similar topics merged, thanks! :)
  8. Scootmien

Scootmien Well-Known Member Contributor

9. Simon_Gardner

Excellent.
  10. dalumberjack

dalumberjack Well-Known Member

thanks!!
  11. Gearu

Gearu Well-Known Member

No radio wtf Samsung.
  12. dalumberjack

dalumberjack Well-Known Member

Some crazy calling features which are definitely geared towards business people:

Manage conference call
    : Have a private conversation with one party during a
    multiparty call or disconnect one party form the multiparty call.

Also, no phone I have used had this feature. Don't know if I will use it but its cool:
    Sending scheduled messages
    While composing a message, tap
    →
    Scheduling
    . Set a time and date, and then tap
    Done
    .The device will send the message at the specified time and date.
    drexappeal likes this.
  13. jetguat

jetguat Well-Known Member

Cool. page 29 (Panning to Browse). I've never heard of a feature like that. I want to try it! sounds cool. This phone sounds more and more cool the more pages I read.

Ok. Then I moved through to page 32. I love all those air gestures and movements. Not sure how long it will take to remember them. But it feels like something out of the Iron Man movies where he's moving things around and tossing them on those flat panel displays.

NICE!
  14. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Finally finished the manual. Knox is too volatile for me, but I so look forward to this phone! 18 days to go! :D
  15. jetguat

jetguat Well-Known Member

I need to read more about it. At quick glance it Seemed cool. And with my stuff backed up with TB, even a remote wipe seems reasonable.
  16. drexappeal

I had emailed them through the Samsungknox website, regarding notifications, and the one thing I was intrigued by is that they said all notifications would still show up on the notification bar, regardless of which mode you're in. I might end up using it, but depends on whether my IT guy feels it's necessary.
  17. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

It SEEMS cool... but the manual says that if someone makes too many login attempts, Knox will essentially self destruct and delete all the apps and data in it. Good grief!
  18. drexappeal

Yeah, that scared me a bit also, but then I watched this video on youtube by the company that partnered with Samsung to create Knox

Overview of Samsung Knox's Mobile Single Sign-On Features - YouTube

I'm wondering if it can be customized, through that web portal, so that Knox doesn't completely wipe the data, but just lock the phone up instead and only be possible to unlock through IT. It would be so strange to me, if they didn't provide IT departments the flexibility to change that protocol.

I know that for my work files, it would definitely not be cool if those files got wiped.
    KOLIO likes this.
  19. Simon_Gardner

I have always taken a very basic precaution about bank account security. I don't and will never bank on line. But of course credit card details and such can be a risk.
  20. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

Thank goodness for this download. Samsung and T-Mobile have gotten all green and printed the welcome start guide on brown recycled paper. Very hard to read but eco - friendly
  21. drexappeal

I usually just keep that stuff in the box, in case I sell my phone later. Makes for selling the items easier, in my experience.
  22. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

That's the plan.;)