Note III/Note II as 1st phone - advice pleaseGeneral

Last Updated: 2013-06-15 02:01:58
  1. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

I've pretty much settled on an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note as my first smart phone. I'm basically after a pocket computer than can make phone calls. I'm waiting on the Note III at the moment as it looks like it will be launched in the Autumn or at least in 2013.

My interest is particularly photography and I tend to use a real camera for that and not a phone's camera. Several of my cameras are equipped with wifi memory cards and I've found that whizzing a picture over to a phone that way works pretty well. I also travel with a Mifi unit in my pocket. And to date I travel with a laptop.

I'm already looking at photography related apps.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any advice on the Galaxy Note x series or someone telling me I'm making a bad decision. I've been using solely Apple computers since Nov 1987 but I have issues with what I know of iPhones.

Advertisement
  2. bhero

bhero Well-Known Member

I got nothing on the phone but served a photographer with tech support. He found that using Google drive to upload her files to was quicker and safer. More recently flicker has giving out a terabyte in storage. I trust Google more. But just mention this in case it might help. Both your phones are ready for that task. Google+ will automatically upload them. I turned off everything but the photo upload. I guess I am not friendly
    Atma likes this.
  3. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hi Simon :hello: Welcome to the forums.

I haven't owned a Note. I plan on the Note 3 being the first. I would think it would be good for editing photos with the stylus if thats something you need to do. A couple apps I have, Photoshop Touch and Photo Editor. I use the free Photo Editor a lot more than the Photoshop app.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  4. MISS DIVA

MISS DIVA Well-Known Member

HI Simon

I own the Note and Note 2 phones, they are truly brilliant. I love the fact that I can do anything on them and they are my must have devices.

Head over to the Note and Note 2 forums for the best advice and community friendship,you will love it.:D
    ocnbrze likes this.
  5. MISS DIVA

MISS DIVA Well-Known Member

Lucid Mikes 'Daily Note' channel on Youtube is the best place to discover how fantastic the Note series is

Mike has put together the ultimate guide on what these phones can do. He is my Note 2 guru and I'm confident when the Note 3 is released he will do another brilliant guide

Enjoy

The Daily Note II: Galaxy Note 2 Videos - YouTube
    ocnbrze likes this.
  6. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

I don't think you can go wrong with either the Note 2 or the Note 3. It really just depends on how long you're willing to wait. If everything goes as rumors are saying, the Note 3 won't be out until October/November. I might even have my International Note 2 available for sale again, but I won't know for a couple days. PM me if interested.
    ocnbrze likes this.