Note overriding silent setting?Support

1. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Well-Known Member

I can't seem to trust my Note to stay silent when I need it to. I had the ringer and the notification set to zero and it rang at full volume, playing the Muppets theme tune in a very public place when it should have been silent! I had thought that it was a problem with Tasker but I'm not sure now. I do have a profile set for the evening to ring at Volume 5. Would this override the manual setting of zero? There are times when I set it to be off for, say, half an hour using Shush! And it turns back on before that time, sometimes straightaway. It's getting so that I have to turn it right off in places where I normally just turn it down.
    Any suggestions please?

Advertisement
  2. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Well-Known Member

If you think that Tasker is responsible and it might be. Uninstall Tasker and see if the issues goes away.
  3. Maybe I'm missing something here, but if I need my phone to be silent I either select 'Silent Mode' (long press the power button) and stick it in my pants pocket to feel the vibrating, when it does. Or I switch the whole damn thing off for a couple hours. Added benefit: it has a balmy therapeutic effect on my nerves.
  4. ifb-online

ifb-online Well-Known Member

By 'tasker' do you mean the buttons at the top of the pull-down screen? This works for me but some apps can override it, like my alarm, which is kind of what I expect really.