Note taking/drawing apps?

1. mrearp

mrearp Member

Has anyone tried writing on it with a stylus? Like with evernote?

Advertisement
    :
  2. xxcastxx

xxcastxx New Member

I have both but I had never thought to use it like that. I'm heading to class now so ill let you know.
    marctronixx likes this.
  3. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

I am kind of hoping these android tablets in general can do hand writing of notes. I don't see why they would not be able to.
  4. xxcastxx

xxcastxx New Member

I could not find an option in ever note to use a stylus. Also I could not find a decent note taking app that would utilize my stylus. So I'm going to try and make one. We'll see how it pans out.
  5. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

Are there any apps that will let you take notes with a stylus? I've found that there are capacatative touch styluses (stylii?), but I've never tried one- are they just not accurate enough? I'd love to be able to just use it as a notepad to jot down notes instead of having to type.
    mrlint likes this.
  6. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE! VIP Member

Psychokitty and Plakius like this.
  7. clb2196

Cool. Doesn't seem to want to install on xoom tho. :(
  8. clb2196

Never mind, now its downloading.
  9. gobluejd

Let me how you like.
  10. tyneusch

tyneusch Well-Known Member

Does anyone have an idea of a good stylus to use?
    Vane0314 likes this.
  11. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

I do not think multitouch is conducive to handwriting.
  12. clb2196

That's what I;m afraid of. I bought one of Amazon that had good reviews, figure I'll return it if it's not useful. I'll report back whether it's worth doing or not.
  13. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

im currently smoking over several and will make a purchase off amazon today #amazonprime :D
  14. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

Try DrawFree. Seems OK, it's new, basic. Honeycomb optimized though.

Edit: Sorry, I see now you wanted app that works with a stylus. This does not.
    marctronixx likes this.
  15. clb2196

Yup got mine through prime too. :D I also admit... that I got one with slightly less good reviews because it was hot pink to match the hot pink gel cover I ordered. :eek:
  16. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

17. gobluejd

It does lag on the paid. I got for free as they are the creators of Autocad and Inventor which I use for my work on PC.
  18. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

Wow, too bad they don't cut their other customers (Maya, 3DSMax, Motionbuilder) that deal. Glad they came through for ya.
  19. gobluejd

I have the Inventor Pro Series. I emailed and my name was put on a list. I purchased and then it was reimbursed.
  20. clb2196

Got my stylus. The app isn't bad, but yeah, it is laggy enough to be kind of annoying, and you can't rest your hand on the screen, making it hard to take notes. Very cool for drawing though!

The stylus was cheap, and worth having I think, at least for drawing and things like that. There's a whiteboard app too- not scaled for tablet yet, but I saw a note saying they have a collaborate version, which seems pretty cool.

does seem a little strange to me that there's no real good note taking app. Back in the early PDA days (my dad's a tech geek too, I got his hand me downs, I had a Newton and early model Palms and such) it was one of the big features!
  21. Markuspick

Markuspick New Member

I am looking for a note taking app that I can use a stylus with but can convert the notes I write into a text or word format. Can anyone help?
  22. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

+1
  23. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

I use color note for note taking.
  24. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

what stylus did you pick up?? i just ordered an "ancase" model from amazon...
  25. clb2196

Pogosketch. Seems to work fine.
    Vane0314 and gobluejd like this.