Note-taking or, phone vs. tablet

Last Updated: 2011-10-22 05:24:25
  1. meadowvale

meadowvale New Member

Hello,

I am trying to decide if I need to get a tablet or if I can get away with a smartphone. My main thoughts are this:
    I need to be able to take notes in class with a keyboard
    I need a "to do" list that is easily accessible at all (well, most) times
    Tablets can do more, phones are more portable

I'm sure this is going to sound really weird, but my ultimate dream is to be able to hook up a keyboard to my phone (I have found some online) & take notes that I can sync up to my computer. All I need in notetaking software is to be able to make a bulleted, hierarchical list, and that seems to be difficult to find. As far as I can tell, all the bulleted lists that notetaking software for phones provides is like this:
    * take cat to vet
    * eat dinner
    * do homework forever
    & that is too simplistic for what I want to do. One of the reasons I need to be able to do this digitally (as opposed to pen + paper) is that I need to be able to scroll up to a previous bullet, make room (enter/return) & add to its list. Maybe it will be too frustrating in a small screen, but I think with the right app/software, it could be awesome.
    Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Evernote or SpringPad or Catch can do that, and the apps are available in the market. They sync online, so they can also be accessible from PC apps.

If those are what you want, I suggest a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7inch, the P1000, then get its keyboard dock.