• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"note to self" default email address.

exp1orer

Lurker
Aug 25, 2010
I'm trying to use "note to self" and it records fine and I hit send, It then pops up email clients. if i choose, yahoo it doesn't autofill anything, if i choose the built in mail app it auto fills the subject and the message but it does not have my email address as a default, so I have to type it in every time. Since it is note to self, shouldn't it keep my email address in there. I haven't found a way to make it default. Any suggestions?

I'm trying to use "note to self" and it records fine and I hit send, It then pops up email clients. if i choose, yahoo it doesn't autofill anything, if i choose the built in mail app it auto fills the subject and the message but it does not have my email address as a default, so I have to type it in every time. Since it is note to self, shouldn't it keep my email address in there. I haven't found a way to make it default. Any suggestions?

So I installed two apps:
NoteToSelf and Note 2 Self.

The first one does not seem to have any options to add your email address to make it defaullt, but the second one, when you install it and open for the first time will present you with a screen to set your default 'to address' and 'subject'.

You set these up in the first place and then when you record and hit send it will have your email and subject.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones