• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Note2 Deleting Playlists?!

ne0lyfeism

Android Enthusiast
Mar 19, 2010
In the burbs of SEPA
Now, I want to clarify that this isn't specific to the Note 2. This happened on my Droid Razr fairly often too.

I can't replicate the actions that cause it, but from time to time the playlists that I make go from having the songs I've selected to being empty. It is absolutely baffling. Imagine going through the trouble of adding 75+ songs to a playlist, only to have them vanish when you go to play it.

Now, for some odd reason, playlists from albums I've downloaded have no issues whatsoever.

So I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help with:
1) Does anyone know where user created playlists are stored by default on Android?
2) Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you deal with it?
3) Any solutions?

Thanks in advance folks!

I noticed the problem for the first time last night while driving home with my Note II jacked into the stereo. When I got home and was enjoying some quality me time w/o headphones, lo, the playlists were back (hence my visit to the forum). So I did a science fair project and plugged in my headphones. No playlists. Then I went to the Applications menu and launched the Music Player app proper while the phones were still plugged in. The playlists were back!

It seems to be a software glitch (at least in the case of this specific problem) wherein plugging in anything to the headphone jack triggers the software to anticipate me going to play music, but somehow misses loading the playlist part of the code.

Re-loading Music Player from the app menu seems to solve this specific problem of "Jack Kills List".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones