Notepad where I can import text files?

1. Mormegil

Mormegil Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm migrating from Palm, and want to import my memos into some Notepad type application. I can bring them in as text files. Can any Notepad app read text text files on the SD card?

Advertisement
    :
  2. GODMODE

GODMODE Well-Known Member

I would like to know this as well. Or, even a gmail gears app where I cold import my notes I have had (missing) since I migrated over from the Sidekick a year ago.
  3. pcwizpcwiz2

pcwizpcwiz2 Member

it's not perfect but try 3banana.com search the market for it.
    Searchable notes. Web Interface for using from your PC but no Import from Outlook that I found.

Best solution I found so far.
  4. Mormegil

Mormegil Well-Known Member

Found the perfect application.

"Text Edit"

Allows you to open and save txt files on the SD card.
  5. mrj05hua

mrj05hua New Member

I don't know if your still looking but Cool Reader is a great app for reading txt files among many others, while Aldiko is good for reading pdf's and placing them with a cover on a newstand style display. Both are worth their size in gold. Hope this helps
  6. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

Evernote?
  7. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Well-Known Member

Have a look at "Note Everything" in the market and check the developers web site. This app can import Memos direct from Palm Desktop and has screen dump instructions on how. Besides that it also replaces Note Pad and Voice Memo on the Palm also, although it can't import this files. 3 Palm replacement apps in one!! (I have just migrated from Palm Treo 650. PM me if you have specific questions)
  8. dartmar

dartmar Well-Known Member

If you can export your notes to Google notes, there are a lot of applications that can read them, though nothing like Awsomenote. I am still looking for a replacement for that.
  9. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

If you are a Dropbox user and want to share your text files among all your devices, check out Epistle, free in The Market.
  10. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Please indicate if you are the developer when recommending your app, thanks. :)