nothing but problems after i rooted

Last Updated:

1. huffman6977

huffman6977 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

after i rooted the following happened. my internet goes away i have to reboot my phone, when someone calls me i get an error and it hangs up on them. my facebook won't go to my contact list. i'm about to go back to stock. anyone have any ideas.

Advertisement
  2. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

did you flash any custom ROM's? rooting by itself changes nothing in the phone except the ability to access all portions of the phone.

3. huffman6977

that's all i wanted was to get some of that sprint junk off. i like how my phone came from sprint just not all that crap like tv and stuff. all i did was follow the instructions word for word and then used kitchen to take off the sprint stuff.

4. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

Silly I know, but did you re-boot after removing that stuff? Most of the time a simple re-boot smooths out whatever wrinkles you have added to the system.

5. huffman6977

yes it's been rebooted many times. the major problem i'm having is that i can't rec calls. it comes up as an andriod error and makes me force close it. then i have to reboot the phone cause it knocks out the network.

6. KitsapAndroid

It sounds like maybe you removed something that shouldn't have been. Obviously I don't know for sure, but that would be my guess. You did make a Nandroid before you started messing with stuff, right? Just restore that, and your problems will be fixed. Then you can try removing that stuff again. I would suggest removing it through ADB instead of the kitchen.

7. huffman6977

what's adb?

8. KitsapAndroid

It's the debug shell that lets you alter your phone. If you rooted without the Kitchen you used adb. If you rooted with the kitchen, then you did not. If you don't know what is, I would suggest reading up on it over at the xda forums before trying to use it.