1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Nothing but problems with this Revo...Support

1. sevron

sevron Member

I got this back in August I believe it was. From day one I've had nothing but problems with it. I don't know why I didn't take it back then, but I figured if I rooted it and cleared the bloatware off of it it'd be fine. No luck. Rooted it no problem, got the bloatware off of it no problem, but the battery life, memory usage, overall sluggish nature of it is still there.

So, if I backup everything with Titantium Backup and do a factory reset and complain enough to Verizon you think they would at least give me a better pos phone than this Revo?

What should I do, I've bought the insurance on it for some stupid reason as well.

This is my most recent problem: While on a 2 hour trip running pandora and navigation I kept getting heat sensors detected over and over and over.

Advertisement
    :
  2. sevron

sevron Member

Would custom roms help or is the hardware just not that good
  3. sgschwend

sgschwend Well-Known Member

I would recommend you jump up the the xda forum under Rev General and there is a couple of threads covering the type of changes you have made (from what I remember the title is about specific changes to the phone, I will look for a link for you and edit in).

They have specific lists of the upgrades and the benchmark tests. They also comment on how the phone performs. Good information, I am sure you will find a fix to use.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1439066

There is also some posts about "Tweaks" in the "Rev Development" section.
    jj2me likes this.
  4. Haxcid

Haxcid Well-Known Member

You will most likely have to go through 2 or 3 refurbished Revo's before they issue another makers refurb unit.
  5. STeVe7320

STeVe7320 Well-Known Member

What's the easiest way to get Verizon to do that? I have no experience with verizons swap policies. My girlfriend is in the same situation and we're both ready to destroy it lol
  6. Haxcid

Haxcid Well-Known Member

Unfortunately there is no easy way. You have to jump through the hoops. You have to call tech support and go through the reset process etc... Eventually the phone tech will issue you another revolution which will be a refurb. Then you have to use that one, if you are lucky it will be broke as well and you can call them back and start again. You have to be polite and patient with them. They respond far better to those who are calm and polite. If the second one is bad and they offer another just kindly explain to them that this phone has been an unpleasant experience for you and that you would prefer another phone. People are reporting being sent a varied of models from a samsung charge, htc rezound, moto razr, to even a nexus. Kindly ask them what your options are. Remember that no matter what they send you it is going to be refurbished.

Good Luck.
    STeVe7320 likes this.
  7. STeVe7320

STeVe7320 Well-Known Member

Awesome, I'll pass it on and hopefully get the ball rolling. Thanks a lot.