Nothing specialGeneral

Last Updated:

1. thicket

thicket Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just thought I'd say hi and thanks. Every time I go to post a question and do the cursory search first, BOOM! there's the answer and my need to post is gone. These boards have been amazingly helpful for the learning curve I've had switching to Android. Completely enamored with my Inc! Now to talk my husband out of Blackberry ;)

That's all, carry on :)

Advertisement
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

welcome!!!!! glad you're here! post away!

3. cozzywozzy

cozzywozzy Member

I thought I was going to have to give you a severe talking to for calling the inc. "nothing special". :p

NightAngel79 likes this.
  4. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

welcome i have also stopped a post because of the search.. very useful site

5. Vaseline Smith

Vaseline Smith Well-Known Member

+1

6. thicket

thicket Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

HA! Naw, quite the opposite, this phone is nothing short of RAD!

7. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Well-Known Member

Uhm what about "best android site ever" is everyone not getting ;)

j/k welcome to the boards and have fun reading this page daily (because I know everyone does ;)). It really does have an answer to everything android :)

8. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I have to disagree. While there is some useful information in the forum, I find most of the posts are just social outbursts or opinions. I have posted 3 separate questions about issues I am having with using my DInc to try to get some help or advice, and no responses from the supposedly thousands of contributors in here. I thought this forum would provide some help after not being able to find my answers in the HTC user manual...yes I read the entire thing. LOL

9. fearofth3dark

fearofth3dark Well-Known Member

Don't knock the website just because you had a bad first impression. I'm sorry that you weren't able to find the answers you needed but all of these people (myself included) have learned anything we needed plus more from this website and it is an invaluable resource. I'm sure the only reason you couldn't get an answer is because people didn't know or didn't see your posts.

10. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

why not post your questions here and let's see what we can work up?

11. Mskgreenel

Mskgreenel Well-Known Member

Sometimes we get a little off topic and CrAzY... Most people are cool. Maybe no one knows the answer to your specific question......

Sent from my Droid Incredible via Tapatalk

12. Mskgreenel

Mskgreenel Well-Known Member

Oh & OP welcome :)

Sent from my Droid Incredible via Tapatalk

13. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Well-Known Member

Are you posting in the right place? A lot of the "need help!" Threads get over looked on the main page, try posting in the support and trouble shooting sub forum and I'm sure you will get the help you need!

14. rapidsandroid

Maybe I am just a little slow on the uptick on using a support forum but I did read the sticky on instructions (i even read the entire HTC user manual! lol). My questions were:

1. How do I share a google map or directions either via email or SMS? Seems Gmail only allows attaching photos and I could not find a share option in Google maps.
    2. When I move photos from my SD card to my laptop, my virus software goes crazy when I open the photo on my laptop. But if I upload the photo from DInc to Flickr, then download to laptop...no issues. Is it the file extension or something?
    3. How do I change the primary contact method within my contact lists from lets say mobile phone to work phone?
    4. How do I change the destination folder for photos taken by the camera? I got them to go to my SD card, but can't figure how to get them to auto go into My Pics folder on the SD card. They currently get buried away in some obscure media file.

Thanks

15. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

1. I don't see a way to do that either.
    2. This issue I think would be related to your laptop's antivirus software, not the phone.
    3. I believe if you scroll to bottom of contact and hit edit and put whichever number you want as the first contact number it will automatically be primary.
    4: The only choice I know of that you have for photo destinations by the built-in camera app is phone storage or card storage... it does not give a folder option. You can use a file manager (like estrong's file manager for instance) and move your photo's pretty much wherever you want them.

If these answers are not satisfactory, they are my "best shot" for now.

16. dscribe

An update on 1. above.

I don't know about the previous version but the newest version of google maps will allow you to select your current location on the map and it will give a menu that will allow to to share your location via sms, gmail, etc. I tried it by sending the link to myself in an email and it sent a link that could be opened in either the android google maps app or the web.

17. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

3. If you go into the contact and long press the method you want to be primary, it will ask you if you want to send message, call, set to primary, or 1 other option. There is easiest way to make something primary.

4. It automatically puts your photos in a folder (dcim for me) based on what you used to take/edit the photo. I dont see why you would need to change it, but I am not sure you can..... Ill look

18. dscribe

I THOUGHT I had tried this once before and didn't see that item on the menu..but I just tried it again and sure 'nuff thar it is! cool.

19. rapidsandroid

Thanks everyone!
    The tip on changing primary number worked like a charm. :)
    And, I updated my Google Maps to 4.3.0 and it has the share function now! SA-WEET! Someone at Google must have seen my whining in here about not being able to share a map destination. :D

20. dscribe

Sooo I take if you feel better about the value of android forums now? :cool:

Pay it forward.