• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

notice to all if your Tmobile galaxys 2 gets hot often exchange it

Jimbo droid

Sep 21, 2011
Hello my first Tmobile galaxy s 2 ran hot often and I wasn't convinced this was normal. So I exchanged mine and so far no heat problems with the second one. I also had read on some other sites that some peoples were runing hot at times. I just wanna let others know so they have a chance to exchange there's in time. I think it's a factory defect during production some of samsung workers dropped the ball. It happens in every company.

What I've noticed is the newer one gets a bit warm during gaming which should be normal. And a bit during movies. But if it's getting too hot all the time like when Web surfing using the phone and too often then possible issues could be. Now I have read other galaxy s2s getting hot at times and software updates fixing it. Seems to be a possible characteristic of this phone.lets hope not though.

Upvote 0
I had a 'hot' episode a week or so ago.
Driving home from work,stopped for an errand,get out of car and can feel my SII in my shirt pocket quite 'hot' (hot meaning much more heat than when used normally.Uncomfortable actually) so I whip it out of my pocket,tear off the back cover and remove the battery.
The battery was very warm as was the phone.Carried it apart like that while I finished my errand (20 min.) reassembled and noticed a Very strange screen.All smudgy and gray.
Apparently the SII took several picts from inside my pocket!:D
Must have been the seatbelt ?
All OK from then on so check for errant applications or such if you think your SII is toasting.
J1to
BTW overheating LiPo cells are scary.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones