notice to all if your Tmobile galaxys 2 gets hot often exchange itTips

1. Jimbo droid

Jimbo droid Well-Known Member

Hello my first Tmobile galaxy s 2 ran hot often and I wasn't convinced this was normal. So I exchanged mine and so far no heat problems with the second one. I also had read on some other sites that some peoples were runing hot at times. I just wanna let others know so they have a chance to exchange there's in time. I think it's a factory defect during production some of samsung workers dropped the ball. It happens in every company.

Advertisement
  2. sleedeane

sleedeane Well-Known Member

I wonder what is considered hot.
  3. ParishL31

ParishL31 Well-Known Member

As sleedeane said, it depends what you consider hot. If it burns your hand, then yes it's a defect. If it just heats up and gets warm, many cell phones get warm when you use them and it's not a defect.
  4. Jimbo droid

Abnormally hot defective would be considered uncomfortable to hold when making calls or watching movies or even gaming etc. Now that doesn't necessarily mean it has to burn you. It can just get hot or warm a little to often that would be a clue of a defective phone.
  5. ParishL31

Your second one seems to be alright though?
  6. Jimbo droid

Yes it's fine my second gets mildley warm at times but not as hot as the first one
  7. andrea20

andrea20 New Member

yeah i had the same problem. I went and exchange the battery and it doesnt get that hot anymore
  8. Jimbo droid

Ya ive heard that before too. Could be battery at times could be motherboard.
  9. oscarod

oscarod Member

Hmm this is good to know. I will check this out for mine later. Does it get hot when not being used or when watching movies?
  10. Jimbo droid

What I've noticed is the newer one gets a bit warm during gaming which should be normal. And a bit during movies. But if it's getting too hot all the time like when Web surfing using the phone and too often then possible issues could be. Now I have read other galaxy s2s getting hot at times and software updates fixing it. Seems to be a possible characteristic of this phone.lets hope not though.
  11. anthony4nj

anthony4nj New Member

Just got mine yesterday. Over night charged ..started to check it out when it started to warm up then turned hot. Called TM SENDING NEW AS I.AM WRITING THIS. I shall what this brings to the table hopefully all will be good. Hail to the new king of smart phones. For now :) :) :) :)
  12. Jimbo droid

Good luck my second one does not really get hot just warm sometimes so I know its not normal for these phones to get overley hot and so I am hopeing who ever reads this will use it to there advantage.
  13. *ecko

*ecko Member

Mine got pretty hot while playing pocket legends for about an hr
  14. ParishL31

After extensive use like that especially running a game that's usually pretty typical. However, just keep an eye on it and make sure it isn't something too crazy and a possible defect.
  15. Jenius1to

Jenius1to New Member

I had a 'hot' episode a week or so ago.
    Driving home from work,stopped for an errand,get out of car and can feel my SII in my shirt pocket quite 'hot' (hot meaning much more heat than when used normally.Uncomfortable actually) so I whip it out of my pocket,tear off the back cover and remove the battery.
    The battery was very warm as was the phone.Carried it apart like that while I finished my errand (20 min.) reassembled and noticed a Very strange screen.All smudgy and gray.
    Apparently the SII took several picts from inside my pocket!:D
    Must have been the seatbelt ?
    All OK from then on so check for errant applications or such if you think your SII is toasting.
    J1to
    BTW overheating LiPo cells are scary.