Noticed 2.1 gallary pictures not as clear

Last Updated:

1. chico2130

chico2130 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone else noticed that with the new 2.1 3D gallery pictures are not as clear when you zoom in. I also have B&B gallery and the same pictures look a lot better and clear when I zoom in using B&B gallery than the new 3D gallery. Sorry if this has been posted before new to this stuff thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Yeah, this happens on all 2.1 devices.

Seems like the developers intentionally made it this way. Perhaps as a sacrifice for better performance?

It seems like it just takes the original picture resized to fit the screen, and stretches that (instead of refreshing like it should).

3. carlz28

carlz28 Well-Known Member

B&B Gallery?

Edit: NVM. Bread & Butter. Found it on the market. Thanks

4. chico2130

chico2130 Active Member This Topic's Starter

B&B gallery its in the market I used before the 2.1 update because it had pinch to zoom and the regular gallery didnt. But now that 2.1 came out the new 3D gallery has pinch to zoom but the pictures dont look as good.

5. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Fabolous is probably right. It's more of a show-your-friends-some-snapshots gallery and not really meant for you to study the images up close. It seems to resize them to fit the Droid's screen and then just scales up when you zoom in further. This is probably the only way to make the gallery smoothly able to flick through the images when you swipe across the screen.