Noticification sound not working on Galaxy

1. Carriecat

Carriecat New Member

Hello everyone, I'm new to the Samsung Galaxy phone (4 weeks). The sound for the notifications worked originally and now in the last few days it has stopped working. For instance I do not receive a sound when a message is sent to me, the circle with the number is on the phone showing me I have a message. The sound is on loud, silence is off. I've had friends, with more knowledge then me, look at the phone and still we cannot find why. Thanks for the help. Carrie

Advertisement
    :
  2. Matty18

Matty18 Well-Known Member

Hi Carriecat, and welcome to Android Forums! :)

This may sound like a silly question, but have you checked your settings? I've made that mistake before. Go to Settings > Sound > Volume and make sure the volume is up to an audible level.

If you have any more questions, post it in your phones forum. :)
  3. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Also which model Galaxy do you have so we can direct you to your device forum for better support, and make sure the sound is up for Notifications, making the sound level hi does not necessarily mean it is up for Notifications, if you are unsure how to check that, then a simply way is to go to an app that you get a notification from and go into settings of that app, and change the notification, once changed it should play the sound, make sure you hit the volume rocker up to increase it from there, Good Luck
  4. Carriecat

Carriecat New Member

I found the answer, you pull down the bar at the top, (drag your figure from top to bottom) and you will see wifi, gps, etc go to the notification icon and make sure it is green. I cannot believe it was so easy to fix it, but it took many a person looking at it. Thanks for your support.
  5. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Glad to have you onboard. :)