notifaiction window on lock screenGeneral

1. wfeere

wfeere Well-Known Member

Hello, my wife and I both have the very same s4. They both are set up the same however she gets notification windows on her lock screen and I don't? How do I set mine up to get these?(facebook, whatsapp, text messaging) Those things. Not widgets!
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste Guide

Hi

I suspect you have a pattern or pin lock set up and your wife has a simple swipe to unlock. These notifications are not available using the oem software if you have a secure lockscreen (as far as I know).

Roger
  3. wfeere

wfeere Well-Known Member

No, both our phones are set up the same.
    Her phone makes a sound, a light is flashing in the top left corner, she presses the on off button her lock screen comes on and has small windows as to what message and some of the content. if she presses the window it will tell her to swipe the screen.
    All I get is a sound, a light flashing in the top left corner, I press the on off button and I get only my lock screen, if I pull down the notifications then I can see who!
    Thanks
  4. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste Guide

Hi again

Well, something is different!

If you look in menu>system>about phone, are all the software versions the same?
    Are you both using the same carrier? (Carrier roms do differ)

I dont have access to an S4 so welcome other comments..

Roger
  5. wfeere

wfeere Well-Known Member

Took the phone to where it was bought, they fixed it right away, they told what they did, but it was over my head!!