Notification alert while on callSupport

Last Updated:

1. vidguru

vidguru New Member This Topic's Starter

Since I have updated to Froyo on Tuesday, via software update on phone, my evo 4g has picked up an annoying habit.
    I use the stock messenger app.
    If I receive a text message while on a call, it plays the text alert music in my earpiece and I can't even hear the person on the phone to save my life. If I were to turn on the speaker, it is alot worse.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. jmac05r1

jmac05r1 New Member

Yea, I too have that problem?? any fixes?

3. RoidRage25

RoidRage25 Member

I really hope they fix this! It's driving me nuts! I work in loud environments,and have my text alerts on full blast so I can hear them.Now when I am on the phone It BLASTS MY EARS OUT! unreal...so now i have to go into settings and turn down notification alerts everytime i get a call? I had windows mobile 6.1 and when I would get a text while talking it would beep gently in the ear piece... when I wasnt on the phone it would alert with the notification sound,
    someone needs to fix this

4. mattpmoto

mattpmoto New Member

I've got this issue just got a Desire in Feb '11. Is there a way to fix this yet.?

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

This functionality was begged for prior to 2.2...some find it annoying while others love it. I have not found a way to disable it in the stock messaging app however many alternative texting apps have menu options to disable it. I have used hancent since the phone was releases and love that feature as well as many others that it offers.