Notification bar and HandcentSupport

Last Updated:

1. cmwotring

cmwotring New Member This Topic's Starter

When I get a sms using handcent it shows up in the notification bar just like any other notification. When I press on the sms notification to read the text, the notification clears and yet the notification bar remains. Where it would normally give way to the app the notification is for. This works for anything else ie. gmail, market updates etc... Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

When I press the notification it takes me to that convo in handcent....

3. sigmaxaa

sigmaxaa Member

Same as Mr. Ed...when I press that specific notification, it takes me to the conversation.

4. Ubuntu Philosophy

Ubuntu Philosophy Well-Known Member

uninstall, reinstall

did you alter the notification settings

5. DSSK

DSSK Member

I am having the same problem. I removed handcent and the notification is still in the status bar. its very annoying, it stays there even after I have opened the text. It only disappears after I hit clear. But comes back and stays after I get another sms. Please advise! I really don't want to factory reset my evo!

here is a screenshot:
    [​IMG]

6. Matlock

Matlock Well-Known Member

Could be a bug in a recent update of Handcents.

7. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

if you have deleted it...what are you currently using? check all msg notification settings.

reinstall handcent...turn off notifications...uninstall handcent

8. DSSK

DSSK Member

Its getting so aggravating! Please help me figure this out. Notifications are turned off by default, handcent is uninstalled. I still get a notification icon every time I receive a message.

9. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

did you try that?

10. DSSK

DSSK Member

I installed handcent and turned off notifications. Just to show that the HTC messages notification is different from the notification that is popping up I turned it on. Check this out. I really really really do not want to reset to factory settings lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is no one else experiencing this?

11. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

no, never have experienced it. if handcent is still installed go to manage aplications and clear data...see if it goes away.

so from in handcent you have hit menu.settings.notification settings.and unchecked notifications: Display notification in status bar correct?

also go to that person's chat/messages in handcent . The one that sent that message
    click on the settings icon top right, notification settings.make sure that notifications:display notifications in status bar is unchecked
    -----does it do it for any text...or only when one person in particular sends a text?

are you rooted? rather than a full wipe have you tried wiping dalvik, cache and bat stats and then rebooting?

12. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

make sure handcent did not install files on the SD card there may be something leftover there even after you deleted the app, I have been using handcent and have not run into any problems.

13. DSSK

DSSK Member

I figured it out. I noticed that all this had nothing to do with handcent because the notification icon for handcent is different from the two that pop up. One is the htc one and the other was a random notification.

Did a little messing around and realized that it was a notification from the "beautiful widgets" app.

Thanks for everyone that tried helping. I love my Evo!

Also thank you androidforums.com for hosting a place where people like me can turn to solve problems. Its like phone/user therapy lol

Mr. Ed likes this.