Notification Bar Brightness Swipe AppSupport

Last Updated:

1. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am looking for a app that will be able to add Notification Bar Brightness Swiping as featured on the Samsung Galaxy-S line, to my Evo. I have done a little bit of searching but nothing has turned up yet.

See Video for reference:​
    YouTube - Samsung Vibrant-cool stuff.MP4
    (Skip to 00:35 seconds)​

I currently use Curve Fish's Brightness Level app, which is really good, I just want to have something that has a slicker access like the Galaxy-S has. I change the brightness quite a lot, especially if I am showing someone something on my phone. I like the brightness low for everyday use, but when I show a picture, video, or App I like to show off the crisp bright screen.

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I've moved this over to EVO Tips & Tricks as this is very Evo-specific, and there's been no answer on this in the apps forum.

Any ideas?

ceabbott2 and PyroSporker like this.
  3. PyroSporker

I cannot believe that nobody has gotten on board with this. Surely there has to be someone else that wants their brightness setting so easily accessible.

ceabbott2 likes this.
  4. f1usgp

f1usgp Active Member

That is a neat feature.

PyroSporker likes this.
  5. PyroSporker

Yeah, It is really neat. I hope that some one can recreate it or port it to the Evo really soon.

6. Meltz014

Meltz014 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if this works on all Samsung phones, or just the vibrant?

7. PyroSporker

It is a feature on all of the Galaxy-S class phones (Vibrant, Captivate, Epic and probably euro/asia Galaxy-S too). It is a really cool feature they must have built into the newest version of TouchWiz that is on all the Galaxy phones.

8. s_special

s_special Well-Known Member

i like the radios located in the notifications bar dropdown

PyroSporker likes this.
  9. PyroSporker

Yeah, having easy access to some constantly used settings would be nice. I bet there is some app available out there that would add the radios to the notification drop down.

10. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Not yet from what I can find. Unless its some apk file stashed away in the galaxy phones, I don't think we're going to get it.

11. ceabbott2

ceabbott2 Well-Known Member

I use MySettings it has 2g/3g, airplane mode, wi fi, bluetooth, radio tower thingy, rotation, a few others I forget I am going off memory because downloading a new ROM. Really convienant!:)

12. PyroSporker

My buddy recommended that app as well. Seemed ok, but it just added more clutter in my opinion. I want some pain free access.

13. steve053

steve053 Member

I'm using Quick Settings by Sergej Shafarenka.

Easy access to all of daily settings that I use/need.

14. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

I been using that app since I had the Hero. Quick Setting is so under rated.

15. PyroSporker

I have recently begun using BarControl for my Brightness and 4G settings. I added 2 entries (or icons if you want them) to the notification bar for one click shortcut to their respective settings/app in the sub menus. It is still not as slick as the Galaxy phones, but it is a significant improvement over pecking through all the menus every time I need to turn on the internet or turn the screen down.

I'm still really interested in this feature being ported to the Evo, any new info? It has been a few months since the Galaxy-S's were released. Maybe there is something usable in the dump files from each Galaxy phone that can be ripped and odexed for the Evo (I might not have the process or language right since I am not super technical when it comes to Android)?

16. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

A lot has been done since this thread was active. If your phone is rooted, and you want to stick with a Sense ROM, this is what you can do:

[MOD][PORT][4G toggle] Notification Menu Power Control Widgets for Sense - 3.70 OTA - xda-developers

It's not quite the same for brightness, but there's still a toggle for it along with 12 other widget options.

PyroSporker likes this.
  17. PyroSporker

Yeah, those look awesome. I found those through an XDA search before I resurrected this thread. Rooting is a can of worms I just haven't opened yet (although I really really have wanted to since day one).