Notification bar, cannot pull down no matter whatSupport

Last Updated:

1. hotwired78

hotwired78 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, so I just got an evo today switching from the hero. the first thing i noticed is no matter what, I cannot pull down my notification bar. Its as if it is disabled... any one else experiencing this issue?

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Do you have it plugged in charging? I've heard of that happening due to the screen seperation/grounding issues in the early hardware version 2 phones. But that was in the very beginning of the EVO's

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Do you have froyo? that update fixed that problem.

Also, have you tried a battery pull?

4. hotwired78

i just tried re-loading the newest update factory ROM. and its still not working. i know the edge of the screen is reading the touch, because pulling left or right will drag the screens. but pulling down the notification bar just simply won't come down. EVER. no matter if im holding it, plugged in or not, etc. =[

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Where did you get the phone? Try taking it back. They may have a solution or can swap it out for you. What all ink listed at menu.settings.about phone.software info

6. hotwired78

android version 2.2
    baseband 2.15.00.09.01
    kernel : 2.6.32.15ge2fb08e
    htc-kernel@and18-12#11

build: 3.29.651.5.CL252548 release keys
    software number: 3.29.651.5
    PRI : 1.77_003
    PRL: 60671

7. hotwired78

i bought it off craigslist so I can't take it back. but HTC is figuring out whether or not they can do a hardware warranty. Its so weird, the screen is sensing my finger at the notification bar, so its not a dead spot, but its as if the software simply disabled the notification bar. I've already re-flashed the most current sprint ROM using USB.

I'm not really going to waste my time rooting and trying an aftermarket rom yet just in case HTC or Sprint can replace it for me. I wouldn't want to go through the trouble of having to unrooting it.

8. hotwired78

I just realized it will work on Horizontal, which the EVO does not have horizontal for the home screen.

9. evofan#1

evofan#1 New Member

I had the same issue. It would only work in horizontal position. The touch screen worked just fine under the notification bar, but the bar could not be swiped down. Took it to Sprint and they concluded that the screen had to be changed. Since I had no insurance they charged me US$35. They also told me that it has been happening to a lot of EVOs. The whole procedure took 30 minutes. Now works like it's supposed to.

10. Nanyloah

Nanyloah New Member

My notification bar kept sliding down on its own repeatedly while I was composing text messages. I would slide it back up but it kept pulling down again and again, then the phone became unresponsive to touch and no matter what I did it stayed frozen. Now I can't pull it down either and sometimes I can't even answer if someone calls.. anyone else having this problem?

11. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

how much memory do you have left? try doing a soft reset. so power off completely (make sure that fastboot is unchecked, settings/apps/uncheck fastboot) then wait 30 sec and then restart the phone. also you can delete any and all of your apps caches and data as well.

if that does not work then you might need to do a hard (factory reset).