• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Notification bar icons

Hi all does anybody know where I can get different 3g and gps icons for my notification bar. I found some others over at droid pirate but still looking for mor

i downloaded the blue battery icon off this site and everything went well i thought. phone booted back up and icon was still green. an hour later i looked at my phone and it was blue. then back to green. now it turns blue everytime i charge it but then when unplugged its back to green. anyone have a clue? i am on an X and i am rooted. i did use metamorph as well.:thinking:

Upvote 0
i believe it is because one is going off of ten % reading and the other 20% ...not sure if this is def the problem and my only fix suggesstion is to get them that run the same %
That would make sense I guess but it says under the download that it works for Droid X. I have the Apex 1.3 rom but that shouldn't change me battery % should it?

Upvote 0
That would make sense I guess but it says under the download that it works for Droid X. I have the Apex 1.3 rom but that shouldn't change me battery % should it?
it would only match perfect and stay the same if they are the same percent reading if my theory hold true...i had the same issue with my gf x and i just got her a different one and it worked...you can also change stuff you want by doing it manually using 7 zip and you open both themes on your computer using the archive next to each other and go into system then framework,apk then res then drawable.hdpi and drag and drop all the batt icons and readings from the icons you want to the theme you are running....pretty simple and this is how i do it provided that there are icons in a theme i like

Upvote 0
it would only match perfect and stay the same if they are the same percent reading if my theory hold true...i had the same issue with my gf x and i just got her a different one and it worked...you can also change stuff you want by doing it manually using 7 zip and you open both themes on your computer using the archive next to each other and go into system then framework,apk then res then drawable.hdpi and drag and drop all the batt icons and readings from the icons you want to the theme you are running....pretty simple and this is how i do it provided that there are icons in a theme i like

i am somewhat of a newbie so whats easy to you is not easy for me.lol. i need a blue battery icon in my notification area, any suggestions of one that will work?

Upvote 0
i am somewhat of a newbie so whats easy to you is not easy for me.lol. i need a blue battery icon in my notification area, any suggestions of one that will work?
the only thing i can recommend is either finding one in droidpirate or doing it manually...unless someone with a little more knowledge can tell us how to stop them from changing going from ten to 20%

Upvote 0
the only thing i can recommend is either finding one in droidpirate or doing it manually...unless someone with a little more knowledge can tell us how to stop them from changing going from ten to 20%

he said he is on apex, that is why it is changing. I believe the only way to get it to report in 20% increments again is to change the xml file.... but personally, id rather keep it reporting in 10% increments and just find the .png images.
a stock droid X reports in 20% increments from 100%-20% (then 15-10-5-0 I believe)
apex reports in 10% increment
the thing he installed from droid pirate that says its for the droid x im betting only had the 100-80-60-40-20 (and maybe the 15-10-5-0) icons in it. because thats what the droid x would NORMALLY show
this could be verified by using winrar or 7zip to open the thing from droid pirate and looking at which icons are in the file.

as for the OP - flyingfish... usually what I do is look around at all the themes out there and find the icons I want, when i find it, I download that theme, and extract the .png image files I want, then you can use ninjamorph to replace them. Unless you know how to build a .zip file to install them

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones