• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notification Bar Modding ?

LostSouls

Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Don't know If this has already been coverd. Can't rlly find anything about it on google sowww,

My Q in short,
How and with what can you change color and icons in the notification bar ?
I want to have a little yellow envelope when i get texted xD ( got used to it after 3 nokia's xD )

Also, anyway to remove for example the clock ? I mean i use my widget for that sow it's just using up space just like the battery icon when you're using Battery status.

Info would be apriciated

Don't know If this has already been coverd. Can't rlly find anything about it on google sowww,

My Q in short,
How and with what can you change color and icons in the notification bar ?
I want to have a little yellow envelope when i get texted xD ( got used to it after 3 nokia's xD )

Also, anyway to remove for example the clock ? I mean i use my widget for that sow it's just using up space just like the battery icon when you're using Battery status.

Info would be apriciated

There would have to be an app written to add/change the icons that are on the left side ... the ones on the right you would have to have a special Issue of the OS as in a ROM Build or Theme .... these require phone to be rooted .... and then you would still need to find someone that had done the icons they way you want ... unless you can write your own apps or ROM Builds ... then you could design away ...

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm new in the Android's world. I bought my first android phone some weeks ago, that originally came with 1.5 and I've installed a custom ROM made of 2.1.
The ROM changed my notification bar color and icons, I want my gray bar and original icons back. Someone knows how can I change it?
Tankssss!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones