Notification Bar Modding ?

Last Updated:

1. LostSouls

LostSouls Member This Topic's Starter

Don't know If this has already been coverd. Can't rlly find anything about it on google sowww,

My Q in short,
    How and with what can you change color and icons in the notification bar ?
    I want to have a little yellow envelope when i get texted xD ( got used to it after 3 nokia's xD )

Also, anyway to remove for example the clock ? I mean i use my widget for that sow it's just using up space just like the battery icon when you're using Battery status.

Info would be apriciated

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

There would have to be an app written to add/change the icons that are on the left side ... the ones on the right you would have to have a special Issue of the OS as in a ROM Build or Theme .... these require phone to be rooted .... and then you would still need to find someone that had done the icons they way you want ... unless you can write your own apps or ROM Builds ... then you could design away ...

3. twisted

twisted New Member

I wish I customization of the notification bar was easy to do. It drives me nuts how I have a cool clock widget right beside the normal clock in the notification bar.

4. LostSouls

LostSouls Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah I know, I always have a big clock on my home screen so id like to remove it, also, I have battery status OR open home that tells me the battery status so id like to remove them as well.

5. jairomeo

jairomeo New Member

If you root your phone, you can learn how to theme it and change the colors to be whatever you want. You can't remove the date/time but you could edit the text to be the same color as your bar so you wouldn't see it.

6. pmazas

pmazas New Member

Hi, I'm new in the Android's world. I bought my first android phone some weeks ago, that originally came with 1.5 and I've installed a custom ROM made of 2.1.
    The ROM changed my notification bar color and icons, I want my gray bar and original icons back. Someone knows how can I change it?
    Tankssss!!!

7. JR866Gooner

JR866Gooner Well-Known Member

I would like the percentage of battery left ala Iphone......is this possible

8. heavenlyangel07

heavenlyangel07 Member

you can use metamorph but your phone has to be rooted...link to a lot of different battery icons Battery Icons

jbarkley likes this.
  9. droidpirate

droidpirate Member

thx for the Plug, I also have a bunch of MetaMorphs so users can mod there notification bar as well :)

10. RideZeLitenin

RideZeLitenin Well-Known Member

So at present, there is no real app or anything that can simply change the appearance of the notification bar?
    I don't really like how the Ally's notification bar is white..... why can't it be black like the other, perhaps more "advanced" devices?

11. droidpirate

droidpirate Member

Just root your device, install MetaMorph and you can theme whatever you would like!

12. droidpirate

droidpirate Member

Just check if your device MDPI or HDPI

13. craigb87

craigb87 Well-Known Member

You can hide the notification bar when you're on your homescreen if you use ADW launcher. You can set up gestures to show and hide the notification bar so I just swipe up on the screen to get the bar back. For me it's the next best thing to modding the bar

14. trenchkato

trenchkato Well-Known Member

:Wrong Thread:

15. nerys

nerys Well-Known Member

Not quite. Metamorph is not enough you also need busybox and sometimes busybox will not install.

no busybox no metamorph no mods :-(

16. gomcse

gomcse Member

You might be able to do it with the Tasker app. You have to pay for it, but it's the closest thing to real modification, without rooting, that I've found.

17. vipul619

vipul619 Well-Known Member

for best/full modding get a custom ROM..
    for minor moddings like removing status bar (to hide small clock n battery %) get ADW Launcher (free) and in options hide status bar, dockbar and many other stuff.. :D

18. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

There's Super Status Bar on the Market, app that skins the notification bar.

sellersj27 likes this.