Notification bar power controlsSupport

1. Duv

Duv Well-Known Member

Hi guys,just got my one x last night,and on my desire I had power controls in the notification bar,and I really miss having the ease of turning stuff on and off that way.

Is this only supported on 3rd party launchers,or is it hidden in the settings on Sense?

Advertisement
  2. hogofddyn_

hogofddyn_ Well-Known Member

I don't think it's supported in the official ROM as I can't find the settings either.

I just use the provided HTC switch widgets as a workaround (though obviously you need to exit back to the homescreen to change anything, but I can live with that).
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

Yeah, it was one of the things they stripped out of Sense 4.0 to make it "lighter" by all accounts.

ATM, the only way to get this back is to root and install a custom ROM by the looks of things.
  4. dylando808

dylando808 Well-Known Member

No need to root. Just download an app called "Power Controls" in the Play store. It's free and allows you to put a power control widget in the notification pane. Really useful. And you can hide the little icon so it doesn't take up room on the bar.
    Ziani, melll, earful and 2 others like this.
  5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

I didn't know that was possible without root, thanks! :)
  6. Duv

Duv Well-Known Member

That's a great find, thank you
  7. melll

melll Well-Known Member

Nice, this is a great app, thanks a lot!!
  8. dylando808

dylando808 Well-Known Member

no prob. i saw it on another site as just another Power Control widget but wasn't aware it could be put in the notification bar, until i messed with it a bit more and imagine my surprise when i found out it could. lol
  9. 3djedi

3djedi Well-Known Member

Excellent find! thanks. just what I have been looking for!
  10. nbm400

nbm400 Well-Known Member

FWIW I couldn't find "Power Controls" in the play store. I did run across Widgetsoid2.x which allowed me to do the same thing.
  11. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

It's really strange because HTC have put the code in the ROM to have the quick settings but for some reason they haven't enabled it...

Can't remember if they have in Jelly Bean either, since I run a custom ROM the dev just enabled it and it has no effect on performance at all (apart from making life easier) so I really can't understand why they put it in there but didn't enable it...