Notification Bar theme?

Last Updated:

1. Goodeye

Goodeye Active Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this is the wrong place, and if it's been answered before and if so please point me in the right direction, I have searched but can't seem to find what I am looking for.

I just got my Captivate last weekend. I love it and all. But I like the white notification bar and green battery etc that other Android phones have. Is there a place where I can get themes like that? That will allow me to change the notification bar? Or is this something I can only do by rooting or custom OS ROMs?

Advertisement
  2. KonaZXIII

KonaZXIII Banned

It's doable, but not easy. There are no Market "apps" that I know that can modify your notification bar color/icons though. It takes some semi-serious modding at the least.

Research a lot and take the time to learn, you'll be happy you did.

The XDA forum is the best resource after you get some confidence.

Goodeye likes this.
  3. Goodeye

Goodeye Active Member This Topic's Starter

Really? That sucks. All I want is a different colored battery, Green instead of blue. Oh well.

4. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Yeah unfortunately Android/Google doesn't make the notification bar customizable without serious hacking.

All I want is an accurate battery meter... but I'm not willing yet to hack up my OS to the extent required to do that and open that can of worms. I use widgets instead.

5. TripsYou

TripsYou Well-Known Member

Sremick, I feel you man. I would kill for a way for the battery to be accurate.