Notification bar while on a callSupport

1. Gareatron

Gareatron Well-Known Member

When I'm on a call sometimes the notification drop down bar comes down and is in the way. Is there a setting to disable the notification bar while on a call?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Skyroket

Skyroket Well-Known Member

Like by itself? Even when on speakerphone? You probably pulling it down with your cheek.. Lol! Bad screen protector may cause proximity sensor to malfunction.
  3. Gareatron

I don't have a screen protector on. It is with my cheek but I thought thats why the screen turns off when I put it to my ear so this won't happen and well it does.
  4. ooberandy

ooberandy Well-Known Member

Yes, the screen should stay off for a short period. Do you know if the screen is actually turning itself off when its close to you? Could do a dummy trial by placing your hand over the proximity sensor
  5. Gareatron

Yep the screen does turn off when I put my hand in front of the sensors.
  6. ooberandy

It sounds very odd. If the screen is off then theres no way you should be able to access the notification bar.
  7. Gareatron

It does this constantly while on a call when I go to hang up the. Notification bar is down.
  8. ooberandy

Does it happen when anyone else uses the phone? Just wondering if its human error or a phone problem
  9. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

It doesn't sound right.

What happens if you make a call, cover the sensor with one hand (so the screen turns off) and swipe down from the notification bar?
  10. Gareatron

I'm not sure what's going on. I'll be talking then when the phone turns on the notification bar is down.