Notification Bar xperia x10Support

Last Updated:

1. marleyb

marleyb New Member This Topic's Starter

Was playing aound with my phone and now can't find the top notification bar, is there somewhere to turn it back on again or will i have to download a new one?
    Many thanks for any suggestions, only had it a month so bit stuck on what to do next

Advertisement
  2. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

If you slide up on the homescreen it sould re-appear.

3. marleyb

Just tried this but no luck, thanks for the suggestion though

4. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

I have just looked through all the settings and cant see anything that gives any control over it. You have obviously been quite clever!!

Have you tried taking battery out and then starting it back up again to see if it sorts itself out? Or maybe setting Timescape as your homescreen and seeing if its on there... if it is change back to normal and see if it forces it back.

Other than that you could go the app route and download something like Home Switcher then ADW launcher (which I use). You have to put back on the bits you want but it gives you up to 7 screens to do so. The Home Switcher lets you flick between your launchers 'Home' is the stock SE one, Timescape, and ADW. You can then select which one you want to use.

5. Shonan

Shonan Well-Known Member

if u double flick upthen down it should come back, normally take a couple off attemps tho

6. metcard

metcard Member

Are you using a different home launcher?
    ADW hides the notification bar if you slide the screen up, you have to hold your finer in an empty area of your home screen and scroll down to make it reappear.
    If you have the stock launcher, maybe try a different launcher like Helix, ADW or Timescape.
    If you are using the stock home launcher and want to keep it.
    Go to settings > applications
    find the HOME app, open it and clear cache.
    After doing this you will have to set up your homescreen again as everything will be stock.

7. marleyb

many thanks for all your quick suggestions, after trying all of the above with no luck went for rosered's taking the battery out and left it for 10 mins, seemed to reset itself and the bar came back??
    thanks again for the help

8. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Its the idiots guide to anything I.T. isn't it... turn the darn thing off. Glad you are sorted. Intrigued to know what you did to get rid of it in the first place but won't ask you to try and replicate it!!

9. jackx10

jackx10 Well-Known Member

hey that happen to me once.. i just restart the phone and came back . i dont remember what i did to make it dissapear

10. deskset

deskset Active Member

Marley, see my answer in this thread that is under "X10 Status bar/ notification bar is missing". Who knew?

11. Nivedita23

Nivedita23 New Member

Just reboot your phone. Means switch it off and switch it on again. The same happened with me too.. :))

12. joshua25

joshua25 New Member

i already do all the instructions here but none of this work...
    i tried to upgrade my x8 but still my notification bar is not working..can you me guys??:confused: