• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

notification bug?

Foxdawg

Lurker
Jul 11, 2011
Belgium
As of late, I've been experiencing a bug with my notification for text messages. No matter what I select as notification for texts (system preset sound or a custom one), it keeps playing a song which isn't even in the ringtones folder. Alphabetically, it's the first song in my music folder on SD card...

Anyone experienced something similar before? Can this 'bug' be undone/reset in any way without factory reset?

As of late, I've been experiencing a bug with my notification for text messages. No matter what I select as notification for texts (system preset sound or a custom one), it keeps playing a song which isn't even in the ringtones folder. Alphabetically, it's the first song in my music folder on SD card...

Anyone experienced something similar before? Can this 'bug' be undone/reset in any way without factory reset?

Wild guess here, but no harm will be done and it's less painful than a factory reset...

This should force your phone to rebuild it's internal index of stored media.
**It will require you to set your notification and ringtones again for all relevant apps (calendar, messaging, calls, etc).

1. In Manage Applications, find Media Storage (under all)
2. Force stop and Clear data
3. Reboot and wait for the phone to reindex media (approx 4 to 40 mins depending on the size and speed of the memory card)
4. Reselect notification tones & ringtones throughout the phone.
5. Test

Upvote 0
I deleted my music folder and its contents en then it worked. But as soon as a re-added my music to SD card, it seems to connect to some songs again, instead of the sounds in the notifications folder, no matter what my notification settings are.

So somehow it keeps linking to my music folder...

EDIT: I found a workaround solution, but still, I remain puzzled. :p I just renamed my music folder and now the selected notifications plays when receiving a text, as it should.

Either way, if anyone can explain the issue, please do. Thx for the help so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones