Notification issueGeneral

1. pm5544

pm5544 Well-Known Member

I don't seem to get notifications when using wifi unless I have the packet data enabled, is this normal?

In other words the notifications do not come through the wifi unless I have the packet data enabled also.

Advertisement
    :
  2. pm5544

pm5544 Well-Known Member

Seems I'm getting status bar notifications now with WiFi even with packet data disabled so hope this continues.
  3. pm5544

pm5544 Well-Known Member

I don't seem to be receiving any Yahoo Mail notifications today, and I have synced the account, any ideas?

I do have the Yahoo Mail app installed on my phone and wondered if that had anything to do with this issue.
  4. shelliewnj

shelliewnj Well-Known Member

When you go into the app, click the settings widget and make sure notifications is checked. That might be the issue.
  5. pm5544

pm5544 Well-Known Member

When you say go into the app, are you referring to the Yahoo Mail app?

If you are there isn't a settings widget only Refresh or Folders or Accounts, and if I click on Accounts there is a box already ticked for sync account which is my Yahoo mail account
  6. shelliewnj

Okay, in the app, click the three lines in the upper left hand corner. Then scroll down to settings. Click it, then click Account settings. Notification is an option in there.
  7. pm5544

pm5544 Well-Known Member

Ok I found the widget you were talking about, and I have made sure that the box is ticked for notifications.
  8. shelliewnj

Let us know if that fixes it next time you get an email :)
  9. pm5544

pm5544 Well-Known Member

There is a show in status bar in the settings widget, is that the same as the notification bar?
  10. shelliewnj

Yes, that's it
  11. pm5544

pm5544 Well-Known Member

12. pm5544

pm5544 Well-Known Member

Seems to be working, although it takes a while to come through.
  13. shelliewnj

You may have sync set to a time interval
    Mine's set to update hourly to save battery
  14. pm5544

pm5544 Well-Known Member

Oh I didn't know there was a setting for that, where exactly can I find this setting?