Notification LEDGeneral

Last Updated:

1. marvinrock

marvinrock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm still in my grace period with my samsung epic, and I'm not super pleased with it. I'm thinking about picking up a G2 - can someone who owns one do me a favor?

Is the notification LED on the G2 customizable, like the Droid is? for example, for texts (using Handcent), can I set the LED to blink blue, Green for emails, red for low battery, orange for missed calls, etc etc.

Any of the owners out there know?

Advertisement
  2. eligolfer

eligolfer Member

The LED doesn't really light up unless the phone is charging. The only indicator of a message is that the scroll-pad 'pulses.' There are LED settings in the phone, but it doesn't seem to blink or anything.

marvinrock likes this.
  3. marvinrock

marvinrock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is the scroll pad only one color?

4. eligolfer

eligolfer Member

Yes, but the rim around the pad lights up and pulses.

5. zuludelta9

zuludelta9 Member

Yeah I had a Blackberry before and that LED was able to be modified depending on the program. Yeah this LED on the phone seems like it will only blink a few times. I think the main thing now is the notification bar?

I'm still new to Android--lots to get used to :p

6. SUPERGALAXYS

SUPERGALAXYS Well-Known Member

i have handcent on the g2 and i tried changing the colors and all.. does nothing.. actually there is no leds that light up for a text that i see. you get a orange light when charging and a green when fully charged..thats all ive seen.. and the scroll pad will blink a light around it every once in a while when charging i believe..not sure what makes that scroll pad light up really..loL!

7. SDscorch

SDscorch Well-Known Member

know what i like about that d-pad?

its a "button" - it depresses a bit to register a keypress, which is cool

blackberrys have a similar d-pad, but theirs don't press in (not that i've experienced anyway)

8. zuludelta9

zuludelta9 Member

I had a Bold 9700, and it did press in. I guess you used messed up ones? :/ I dont' know about the store demos.

I have the huge black rubber case around it so now I don't even have access to the trackpad on the G2 lol. Then again, I'll probably never use it

9. fryrice

fryrice Member

^ exactly its the same optical trackpad that is on all the new blackberry. but the cool thing about it is it actually pulses white when u get a email or txt. as for the led on the top of the speaker grill....when charging your phone it will light up orange/red, fully charged = green, and when bluetooth headset is connect = blue

10. slivingston

slivingston Member

Holy crap...Ive had my G2 for a week and didnt notice the external button is an optical D-pad. Thanks!

11. fangorious

fangorious Guest

On the t-mobile forums multiple people have related HTC support acknowledging a but related to LED notification and that a software update is in the works.

12. Einherjared

Einherjared Member

That would be great, I've only been off the Crackberry for a couple days but I already really miss the LED features.

13. justme8800

justme8800 Well-Known Member

Haha are you serious? Another cool feature you might have missed, you can actually flip out the screen and there's a full qwerty keyboard under there! :p

14. G2day

G2day New Member

Where do I find the LED settings in the G2? I just got the phone, but can't find them.

15. djsinco

djsinco Well-Known Member

ON my phone the only place I found an option for the LED notification is part of Handcent. To enable, open Handcent, select menu, settings, notification settings, and select blink LED. There is a setting for "Color of LED" but it does NOT work on my G2, and it probably has only the one color available. You CAN adjust the rate of flashing. If anyone has more to add, I would also like to learn...

16. fromTO

fromTO New Member

Anyone know if you can have the track pad remain lit up instead of blinking periodically. Most of the time I don't notice that is is flashing.