Notification LEDGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Justin89t

Justin89t Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone confirm the colors of the notification LED? I've seen several speculations but no real confirmations.

I saw a Moto Droid the other day with a blue LED, I was hoping the Inc. would have a RBG option to really customize your notifications...

Advertisement
  2. dc006

dc006 Active Member

I also want to know. Can anyone that has the Droid Incredible already comment on if notification LED and see what all is possible?

Thanks!

3. b00sted4fun

b00sted4fun Well-Known Member

would also like to know on this.. what i missed a lot from my droid to the eris (long story on why the downgrade lol)

4. Justin89t

I'm more concerned with what the phone actually has opposed to what the software says the options are. I would not be surprised if it had an RGB led but only offered Red and Green. Maybe be available via an app or something.

5. mikeydingo

mikeydingo Well-Known Member

i also want to know this. Little things like multi colored notifications impress me.

6. Roller

Roller Well-Known Member

I had asked about this in another thread and if I recall correctly a couple of people said that the only colors were green and orange. Can anyone confirm this? Blue would be nice.

7. UT_Longhorn

UT_Longhorn Active Member

There have already been posts on the main thread on this - only green and red. The user's guide also stated this. Sorry.

8. adkins380

adkins380 New Member

9. Justin89t

Why'd you change your post? Were you talking about a different phone?

10. kevinbakon

kevinbakon Well-Known Member

I couldn't find it, but I believe the Moto Droid's manual also states that the notification LED is green only, but with apps like Handcent and Missed Call, I was able to set certain notifications to red, blue, orange/amber, purple, pink and white.
    I sure hope these apps do the same on the Inc.

11. Justin89t

I'll look into that. I was kind of wondering if that would be the case, the manual and software only hints at a few colors but apps would open up the spectrum. I was hoping one of the people who already had a phone could comment but I'll just wait till the 29th :)

12. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

Im sure its like my BB Storm, its only red, but with apps, its multi colors.

13. Justin89t

Yeah, I (unfortunately) have the Storm as well. If you turn bluetooth on the LED lights up blue.

I scanned the manual on VZW's site and it didn't even mention the LED notification at all anywhere. *shrug*

14. kevinbakon

Okay, I FINALLY got an Incredible in my hands at my local store. They just got it in today and their employees have been playing with it all day, so I only got a few minutes before the battery died.

The default colors I can confirm are:
    Green
    Red
    Orange/Amber

Didn't get a chance to download any apps, but the fact that there are the three colors at a minimum, I suspect a full spectrum might be available.

15. Justin89t

I suspect you're right. Curious there was an orange there, as orange is made of yellow and red. Sounds promising either way :)

16. kevinbakon

Yeah, honestly checking the notification color didn't even cross my mind of "things to check", but I thought I saw orange in my peripheral view so I did a double-take and stared at it for a few flashes, just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. It was clearly orange and not an orangish-red.