Notification LEDGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Lona808

Lona808 Well-Known Member

So can someone please tell me when the notification LED takes effect? I've noticed it blink once when I got a text but that's it. I just came from an HTC One X and the LED on that phone continues to blink as long as the notification is active. Or if its charging it is solid. Is there a way to make the Nexus 5 behave like this or do we just get a quick blink that we'll only notice if we are looking at your phone.

Advertisement
  2. Brian706

Brian706 Moderator Moderator

I think it keeps blinking until you check the message. It's a pretty slow blink. I believe it only works when the display is off as well...

From what I've read, nobody has found a way to get a constant charge light yet.

Check out Light Flow for adjusting your notification leds. You can choose different colors and timing for different notifications. When I went through the colors I know for sure it can do white, red, yellow/orange, blue and purple.

App says some devices require root. I rooted straight out of the box so I'm not sure if this works on n5 without root or not.
  3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

The app lightflow gives you full customization over the led light. Everything from which color for which app as well has how fast to blink or to just keep it on when you receive on. There is a lite version that is free, but it doesn't offer as many features.

Edit: 8-bit ninjas are quick
  4. gtbarry

gtbarry Well-Known Member

Light Flow
  5. angus242

angus242 Active Member

I have an unrooted N5 and Light Flow works.
    Brian706 likes this.
  6. Lona808

Cool. Thanks guys, I'll have to check it out.
  7. Lona808

So I've been playing around with Light Flow and I like it so far, but is there still no way to get LEDs when the screen is on?
  8. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Unfortunately not that I'm aware.
  9. Lona808

Oh well. Guess it's just something I will have to get used to. The plus side is it doesn't waste battery when the screen is on. Lol