• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help notification light

I use Handcent for my text messages anyway, so for me, SMS comes through purple (which looks pretty good).

I also use Gmail Notifier for my Gmail messages, so those are blue.

I tried using Missed Call for my missed calls but it never seemed to work right, they stayed green.

The colors are a little funky because there's no diffuser - there is a red, green, and blue LED right next to each other under the clear lens cover, so colors don't get mixed very well. Orange, for instance, is a bit weird and from some angles it looks almost green. So, a phone like the Nexus One with that nice semi-transparent scroll ball to diffuse all the color makes for truer colors than the DX.

Upvote 0
I tried blink back on 2.1 and it didnt really work right then, but as Ive since contacted the gmail notifier dev, he said that its not really in his control what moto allows / disallows to happen, as pertaining to LED illumination of notifications. The screen MUST be off for the phone to activate the LED apparently (thanks moto :p) so blink was kinda useless to me.
Try sending yourself an email with the screen off and see if it works

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones