notification lightSupport

Last Updated:

1. Lancedroid

Lancedroid Active Member This Topic's Starter

This has probably been asked before but I can't find anything in searches....

Is there an app that allows you to customize the notification light on the X?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

3. Billswood

Billswood Well-Known Member

Blink works if you stick with the plain blue red green thing, but the other colors just don't look quite right. I still recommend it though.

4. PlasticMac

PlasticMac Active Member

Hand-cent SMS has a feature that allows you to change the LED color of a text message to any RBG color. I played around with it, and it's really neat.

5. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

I use Handcent for my text messages anyway, so for me, SMS comes through purple (which looks pretty good).

I also use Gmail Notifier for my Gmail messages, so those are blue.

I tried using Missed Call for my missed calls but it never seemed to work right, they stayed green.

The colors are a little funky because there's no diffuser - there is a red, green, and blue LED right next to each other under the clear lens cover, so colors don't get mixed very well. Orange, for instance, is a bit weird and from some angles it looks almost green. So, a phone like the Nexus One with that nice semi-transparent scroll ball to diffuse all the color makes for truer colors than the DX.

6. Lancedroid

Tried Blink and it was exactly what I was looking for.....if it only worked. :(

Those of you who recommended it, did you try it on the X?

7. SlvrScoobie

SlvrScoobie Well-Known Member

I tried blink back on 2.1 and it didnt really work right then, but as Ive since contacted the gmail notifier dev, he said that its not really in his control what moto allows / disallows to happen, as pertaining to LED illumination of notifications. The screen MUST be off for the phone to activate the LED apparently (thanks moto :p) so blink was kinda useless to me.
    Try sending yourself an email with the screen off and see if it works

8. Lancedroid

I have tested it. It doesnt seem to allow for changing of colors of blink frequency. Just blinks green like normal.