notification lightSupport

Last Updated: 2011-03-22 01:17:35
  1. fishwhisperer

fishwhisperer Member

Does anyone know why it would blink when I dont have an email, calendar appointment, alarm? is there a background operation happening?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

What do you see in your notification bar? As far as I know it'll blink for anything active in the notification bar, which for me includes apps like woot and groupon.
  3. fishwhisperer

fishwhisperer Member

not the notification bar (back home, clock, etc), but the notification light (a white, skinny, rectangular light in the upper right corner (when in the default orientation).

My xoom's light was blinking yesterday for no reason (that I can think of). This morning it was blinking but went away when i read a new email. Just wondering if anyone else has this. loving my xoom!
  4. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just meant that the light will blink for anything that shows up in your notification bar. So yes, it'll blink for a new email until you read it. Or any app that puts a notification in the notification bar, will make the light blink. Are you saying you see it blink and there's no notification in the notification bar?
  5. fishwhisperer

fishwhisperer Member

yep, I saw the notification light but nothing in the notification bar. Maybe it was a bug in a app that was downloading data/syncing or something. I will post again if i see that behavior again. thanks.
  6. papermonkey01

papermonkey01 Well-Known Member

Yea mine does it sometimes too. I think its a bug where the light doesn't get the "shut off" command after you clear the notification....lol like it just started blinking for no apparent reason.
  7. epyon9283

epyon9283 New Member

8. papermonkey01

papermonkey01 Well-Known Member

it's just your xoom saying, "hi there"
  9. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

Are you sure that you don't have email set up and unopened in the corporate email app?
  10. epyon9283

epyon9283 New Member

Don't have corporate email set up on mine. I do have an imap account configured but I didn't have any unread mail as far as I know. Meh… I'll check around harder if it happens again.